Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310722 times)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3H90g

my friend picked these parts for me. thoughts?

YOU DON'T NEED EXTERNAL FANS

I really want to get a new case and GPU but I'm really nervous to take everything out of my case. ;~;

I don't want to break anything...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3H90g

my friend picked these parts for me. thoughts?
lol dat shore iz pricey. I got a combo deal for $300 (I'll make the list on partpicker) and a friend of my dad's might get me a graphics card and Windows 8.1 for free

Lol
The slinky is worse

That cable management... :o

them fans aren't even attached to the gpu wtf, it looks ugly none the less

After a random amount of time, my screen begins to tear and it's starting to piss me off. I get either:
1 - A few stupid lines on my screen that I don't really care;
2 - The entire screen begins to tear like mad and wont stop unless I change the resolution;

I have the latest drivers for my card and my monitor is 1280x720 16-Bit color depth and 75hz refresh rate.

Check the recommended resolution/refresh rate for your monitor, and keep it at that. Most LCD's are optimised for 60Hz, even though they may display higher resolutions. Also try changing your color depth to 32-bit and see if that helps. It probably won't, but it's worth a try.

I've been thinking about replacing my current S775 motherboard and processor with something newer since my motherboard can't support enough RAM to run Carmageddon: Reincarnation properly.
Since Intel's processors have barely had any performance enhancements since Sandy Bridge, I'm considering buying a used Z68 motherboard and an i5 2500k from eBay. It'd only cost half as much as buying a new system (Z87, 4670k), and would only be less than 10% slower. Do you guys think this is a good idea?

Check the recommended resolution/refresh rate for your monitor, and keep it at that.
Recommended refresh is 75hz. Current rate is 75hz. Recommended res is 1280x720. Current is 1280x720

Also try changing your color depth to 32-bit and see if that helps.
If anything, I begin to notice some lag when moving my cursor.

If anything, I begin to notice some lag when moving my cursor.
Sounds like your video card is dying, because every video card from the late 90's can do 32-bit color without breaking a sweat. It falls in line with the screen corruption you're seeing, too.