[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309763 times)

I don't know whether I should get this:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YQsw7P
or this:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nYxndC

And yes I am aware of the issues with SLI.
And the wireless adapter is temporary until I can get a wired connection to the PC.
Get windows 8 or 8.1, 8 is more for gaming than 7 and is a lot faster.

I don't know whether I should get this:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YQsw7P
or this:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nYxndC

And yes I am aware of the issues with SLI.
And the wireless adapter is temporary until I can get a wired connection to the PC.
The only difference I see is that with one you get no RAM and two copies of Watchdogs. Do you already have RAM you can put in?

The only difference I see is that with one you get no RAM and two copies of Watchdogs. Do you already have RAM you can put in?
stuff i forgot to add the ram lel, that's why it was cheaper. I'm going with the first one then, but is the MSI GTX 660 better or the Asus? Or is there literally no difference?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:30:34 PM by Tarmashirin_Khan »

So I was initially planning to have a friend help/teach me to build my PC but at this point I think I'm alone ;-;
This will be my first build and I'm really paranoid, any tips or useful guides that have really helped you guys?

So I was initially planning to have a friend help/teach me to build my PC but at this point I think I'm alone ;-;
This will be my first build and I'm really paranoid, any tips or useful guides that have really helped you guys?
when you're putting it together, don't be too timid
Things like pushing against the I/O shield to line the motherboard up with the case standoffs and putting in the ram modules require a small amount of force

Also, test fit the screws before fitting the motherboard to make sure they are the right ones to screw into the standoffs

stuff i forgot to add the ram lel, that's why it was cheaper. I'm going with the first one then, but is the MSI GTX 660 better or the Asus? Or is there literally no difference?
I wouldn't imagine there is much difference but one comes with a free game.

can you guys help me find some parts to upgrade? i want to upgrade my cpu heatsink, my hdd, and my graphics card first, but ive been told that my motherboard is outdated and it might be worth it to upgrade that first
Summary
      Operating System
         Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
      CPU
         Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz   39 °C
         Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
      RAM
         8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)
      Motherboard
         ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H67-M PRO (LGA1155)   27 °C
      Graphics
         HF199H (1440x900@75Hz)
         1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)   32 °C
      Storage
         465GB Seagate ST3500413AS ATA Device (SATA)   28 °C
         931GB Seagate Expansion USB Device (USB (SATA))   34 °C
      Optical Drives
         HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH10LS30 ATA Device
         ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
      Audio
         Realtek High Definition Audio

I voted x86 in the poll and I dont even know what it is.

can you guys help me find some parts to upgrade? i want to upgrade my cpu heatsink, my hdd, and my graphics card first, but ive been told that my motherboard is outdated and it might be worth it to upgrade that first
Your cpu and motherboard are fine. Why do you want a new heatsink? To overclock?
You can upgrade your graphics card any time you want, as long as your psu can support it. I would recommend getting a 1080p monitor first though, a 60hz tn panel will run you something like $100 dollars and it would make any gpu purchase more worthwhile.

i hate tieing cables. i try and hide and tuck em away best i can lol

This is as far as I go for cable management. I don't have a modular PSU so I just stuff wires in a corner and try to lodge them somewhere where they won't become lose and jump into my fans.
My computer runs very cool considering I have five case fans, regardless of the horrible cable management.

This is as far as I go for cable management. I don't have a modular PSU so I just stuff wires in a corner and try to lodge them somewhere where they won't become lose and jump into my fans.
My computer runs very cool considering I have five case fans, regardless of the horrible cable management.
I only have one case fan. I also found some plastic ties in the box of my new psu

Bump

Is there anyway I can have this other user account I made on my computer NOT have the same Start Menu>All Programs as my main account? I'm running on windows 7.

A quick survey for you guys:
Which do you prefer?
CPU -> Intel or AMD?
GPU -> Intel, AMD or NVidia?
HDD -> Western Digital or Seagate?
SSD -> Western Digital, Seagate or Kingston?
^Note: These are the only options available to me to upgrade my system. Don't chose a company I didn't put.

Which do you prefer?
CPU -> Intel or AMD?
^Note: These are the only options available to me to upgrade my system. Don't chose a company I didn't put.
my knowledge on pc parts is limited, but here's what ive heard is the best:
Amd
Nvidia
Western Digital
Western digital

Which do you prefer?
CPU -> Intel or AMD?

Intel
Nvidia wtf Intel's not a GPU anyway
Seagate
Seagate