Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310745 times)

You current-upgrading motherforgeter.

Okay people, my K40 Raptor has shorted out, so that means new keyboard time.  Good recommendations for typing that can withstand my heavy key strokes at 105 WPM+ and be reliable.

Price isn't a huge factor but I would prefer to keep it not at 180 dollars.

Just putting this as a pageloss

Pie Crust, stop bitching about people being able to upgrade frequently lol, I'm only buying new cause the damn keyboard stuff itself.

Edit: and plus the keyboard was only 4-6 months old so I am for sure not waiting around on Corsair's bullstuff customer service to RMA that.

Mechanical keyboards last a long long time. IIRC, mine is from '95 while I had to replace my laptop's keyboard once. Those mushy keyboards don't last compared to the mechs.
So you still use PS/2?
l o l

So you still use PS/2?
l o l
read this, and then tell me what your issue is with PS/2

Um guys? My IDE drive from 2005 has been making grinding noises for quite some time but today, the grinding was loud enough to even drown the 4 6000rpm fans in the system and it's making a stuffload of vibration. How much time does this have left?

Um guys? My IDE drive from 2005 has been making grinding noises for quite some time but today, the grinding was loud enough to even drown the 4 6000rpm fans in the system and it's making a stuffload of vibration. How much time does this have left?
Back that stuff up ASAP

I don't know how long it's got left, but it's failure is probably imminent.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:50:52 PM by AtlasBlue »

Backing it up, lol. 10MB/s for 200GBs worth of drive.

Back your stuff up immediately
your HDD is likely to fail sooner than you think
Its like Windshield Glass with a chip in it
Its not a matter of if it gets worse, its a matter of when

I wonder what the forget is going on inside of the drive. Its noises scare me. It's dtill working rhough. Chkdsk doesn't report bad sectors. Just a few issues with the file system and a few lost files.

I wonder what the forget is going on inside of the drive. Its noises scare me. It's dtill working rhough. Chkdsk doesn't report bad sectors. Just a few issues with the file system and a few lost files.
It has to do with the Read/write head crashing on the actual discs inside the drive
It makes a grinding noise normally

It's not crashing on it, it's trying to cut through it, lol.

Guys I could use some help.

I just ordered a new rig off of Newegg. All assembled ready to go.

I also bought a new Acer monitor. All plugged into power, the monitor cable is in, etc. It says in the manual to start the monitor then the computer which I've done several times but it does not work. When the monitor starts up, it says Acer, flashes the energy star logo and then says no signal then goes to sleep.

Any ideas?

Try another monitor or try using your rig with the minimal hardware. (Motherboard, PSU, and RAM stick) with the VGA plugged into the onboard GPU.

So the cheese grater (aka Mac Pro 1,1) I bought is being very stubborn to my GPU attempts and as well those at flashing a BIOS for EFI support to, won't start with display.

Embarrassingly enough the mini 6 pin to dual 6 pin I bought, I managed to cut through the cord while opening the package so I had to buy another one for 8 dollars (no one to blame but myself on that one).  I as well just ordered an Apple manufactured 7300 GT just to get this stupid thing running for 50 bucks, and will patch a 64bit to 32bit EFI SFOTT method to it and hopefully that will make my smexy 7950 function right with it.  It won't even accept my attempts with a PNY 7300 GT I had laying around by coincidence.