[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1307673 times)

I think it is my motherboard, it can only use DDR4? IDK. Using the compatibility thing, I don't see much 8 GB ram.

The reason I am using the motherboard is because its LGA1151 and it is M.2 SATA compatible and I really want the fast OS speeds.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:49:36 PM by Swat 3 »

I think it is my motherboard, it can only use DDR4? IDK. Using the compatibility thing, I don't see much 8 GB ram.

The reason I am using the motherboard is because its LGA1151 and it is M.2 SATA compatible and I really want the fast OS speeds.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kxcRP6
I shaved a few hundred off by downgrading your CPU cooler to ol reliable and kicking your 16gb down to 8gb, I chose a faster kit though. I also swapped that motherboard for a cheaper one. You can change the cooler back if you insist because I'm not sure what your budget is.

yeah the liquid cooler is probably the easiest to shave back on because you can switch it out later if you want

Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Z

876 MHZ per Core
12GB of Memory
5760 Cuda Cores

I wish I had $1500. :-(

I chose a faster kit though
what does this mean? but yeah i really don't need 16gb

yeah the liquid cooler is probably the easiest to shave back on because you can switch it out later if you want
I really wanna overclock and bring out the actual potential of this CPU. Will Steve's CPU cooler be able to boost it up to 4.5 without heat issues?

But the 980ti exceeds the Titan Z in multiples ways at half the price?

There is almost no reason for titan cards besides showing off you have a large wallet.

what does this mean? but yeah i really don't need 16gb

The RAM is faster.

I really wanna overclock and bring out the actual potential of this CPU. Will Steve's CPU cooler be able to boost it up to 4.5 without heat issues?

I have my 4690k at 4.2GHz with nice temps using a very similar but smaller Hyper T4. I had it at 4.5 for a bit but even 4.2 is overkill.

The only thing that is off is the color of the RAM chip. I was going for a black and yellow theme :(.

Is there a possibility of, like, /painting/ it?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:09:00 PM by Swat 3 »

The only thing that is off is the color of the RAM chip. I was going for a black and yellow theme :(.

Is there a possibility of, like, /painting/ it?

Oh in that case here you go:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Kwkg7P

The Asus mobo has lots of yellow on it, though it's a gold color and not a vibrant yellow. I've chosen some RAM that has yellow on it too.

Gold isn't yellow, kek. But I've heard good things about Corsair AND Asus. But I love the blingy gold anyway.
it fits
so

yeah

but the red ram has a higher level DDR4, but DDR4 is better anywho
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:30:47 PM by Swat 3 »

Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Z

876 MHZ per Core
12GB of Memory
5760 Cuda Cores

I wish I had $1500. :-(
Hi, welcome to 2014, enjoy your stay.

I walked into the /r/buildapc irc and they told me no for overclocking intel cpu and no overclocking mobos and gave me this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qZhPBm.

"Have a pc that is set for the future or have one that'll rape with GPU" is what they basically said.

iunno they basically told me OC is not actually worth the time and there isn't any performance stuff.

Reddit is dumb, OCing does make for a pretty significant improvement. I'm not sure if Skylake is the way to go, though. Haswell is much cheaper and almost as fast, not to mention the prices of DDR4.