Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310033 times)

Edit:: it worked! I'm in! Hooray!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:29:56 PM by Doctor Disco »

What you're looking for is the BIOS section of your motherboard's manual. If you give us the model name then we can go have a look through it for you.

In future don't edit the content of your post out when you're providing status updates, please retain the original content of the post in addition to the new content.

In future don't edit the content of your post out when you're providing status updates, please retain the original content of the post in addition to the new content.
Oh, alright. My bad.     Oh, well, it seems I can't get past the BIOS to boot the disk. It's a brightly colored and strange looking GUI with the label Elitegroup, and the Manuel says American Megatrends. Kam1-I ATX mb
Edit::
Data cable wasn't plugged into the CD drive, working now.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 01:06:11 PM by Doctor Disco »

On facebook today I learned:
You should buy an i7 even tough you buy a PC for gaming only
You should buy a 1070 for 1080p gaming (yeah you can but its quite overkill)
60FPS on a 60Hz monitor is not the same as 60FPS on a 144Hz monitor
SSD's are meant for storing your regular files (yeah you can but why?)
i5-6600K bottlenecks a 1070
i7's do better in games than i5 (wich is true for those that are optimized for it but most arent)

60FPS on a 60Hz monitor is not the same as 60FPS on a 144Hz monitor
It is different. Frames need to be repeated in a non-consistent manner if you only run 60FPS at 144Hz. Although not (probably) noticeable, it is technically different.

It is different. Frames need to be repeated in a non-consistent manner if you only run 60FPS at 144Hz. Although not (probably) noticeable, it is technically different.
It's not noticable at all because the screen doesn't flash on and off, in fact it's probably a little better looking because the monitor can change to a given set of pixels much faster.

It isnt :<
Shaddap
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 04:09:27 PM by espio100 »

After finally having Windows install, it got stuck on this, and has been for about 20 minutes. Is this normal? Or should I be concerned? I installed 10 on a laptop before but I don't recall how long it took.

image from google since I cant take a picture myself, but its exactly the same

Ehm, as far as I know it isnt.

After finally having Windows install, it got stuck on this, and has been for about 20 minutes. Is this normal? Or should I be concerned? I installed 10 on a laptop before but I don't recall how long it took.

image from google since I cant take a picture myself, but its exactly the same
If your computer is running on slow hardware, reading from a CD, and utilizing a low RPM hard drive, then probably not.  Windows does take time to install unless you're installing from USB.  Even better is USB3 onto an SSD, I almost gushed at how fast it was.

i'm looking for a new gpu to replace my r9 280, any suggestions?
here are my pc specs if that means anything:

cpu: Intel I5-6600K 3.50 GHz
ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit DDR4
drive: Seagate 1TB Desktop HDD SATA
mobo: MSI Gaming Intel Skylake LGA 1151
gpu: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual X
psu: EVGA 600B, 600w
optical drive: Lite-On 24X SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive
case: Corsair Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX Case

keyboard: TOMOKO Water Resistant 104 Key Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma
monitor: ASUS VS247H-P 23.6" Full HD 1920x1080 2ms HDMI DVI-D VGA Back-lit LED Monitor

rx480
r9 390/r9 380
gtx 1060

my friend is building a pc with

6th gen i5
gtx 970
12gb ram

what psu should he get?

tell him to only buy 8gb of ram

i5-6600K bottlenecks a 1070
whoah woah woahh now whats the story behind this

tell him to only buy 8gb of ram
whoah woah woahh now whats the story behind this
So basically, a friend of mine asked to build him a gaming PC with quite a high budget
Ofcourse I went ahead and opened PC part picker, threw in a 1070, 6600K an SSD and whatsnot for 1350 quids
Someone else made a list (wich was better somehow but anyway) he commented that my build was stuff, SSD's are just expensive HDD's and that the 6600k bottlenecks a 1070

While he blew all the budget on an i7 and an 1080 but a stuffty 1080p monitor. kek.
My monitor was dank af. Dude said 1080p was fine so got him a dank af 1ms 144Hz monitor with neato colors n stuff