Wound - Attacking BBB Progression & Thinking it is justified

Author Topic: Wound - Attacking BBB Progression & Thinking it is justified  (Read 25723 times)

"...there can be no justice so long as laws are absolute. Even life itself is an exercise in exceptions." -Captain Picard, Star Trek TNG
Ignoring the fact you just quoted a fictional starship captain from a sci-fi TV series, justice systems in real life are hardly applicable to administrating a server on an online game.

Ignoring the fact you just quoted a fictional starship captain from a sci-fi TV series, justice systems in real life are hardly applicable to administrating a server on an online game.
No he's real. HES ALIVE!

I joined the server, and on my second game I accidentally killed two of my traitorbuds because I didn't know they were other traitors. I explained the situation and apologized to both of them, and they were fine with it. I explained it to Nobot and he told me I would be banned for 10 minutes for RDM-ing. It was pretty confusing since I learned my lesson and everyone who I killed understood the mistake, but Nobot wouldn't listen.

Then right as the next round started, I was banned mid-round instead of pre-round, and since I was a traitor it put my team at a significant disadvantage. I asked Nobot why he banned me mid-round and he kept saying "You know what you did" or something like that. He then blocked me on RTB Connect without answering my question.

So yeah, I'm not impressed with the administration so far. You don't need to stick to a highly-inflexible set of guidelines and there's absolutely nothing wrong with bending the rules when you see fit.
Lol wow you are still whining about that?

First off I banned you once, because you RDM'd a guy.
It was a 10 minute ban btw for a first offense RDM, which you DID do.
Regardless if it was an accident I still banned you because you still did it lol and my friend was pretty mad about it.

I didn't ban you again after that. Also I didn't block you on RTB, I just disconnected from RTB and reconnected.
I also didn't say "you know what you did" I said that "you still did it so you still get banned."

If you really get this upset over a 10 minute ban, I worry how you feel when you get perma-banned. Sheesh.

Lol wow you are still whining about that?
I sent that message 2 or 3 minutes after you banned me. I don't care anymore.

I sent that message 2 or 3 minutes after you banned me. I don't care anymore.
Oh thank god.

I was getting worried that you still were talking about it.
That is weird. Glad you understood.

imo your banning isn't harsh enough.

imo your banning isn't harsh enough.
yeah for a first offense it's 10 minutes though.
second offense is like 2 hours and third is like 2 days.

It also depends on how many RDM'd, like it can be RDMx3 or Mass RDM etc.

I ban people for 5 minutes and get spammed on irc srsly

I ban people for 5 minutes and get spammed on irc srsly
you do realize if the ban was valid they can get banned for longer for disrespecting admins and their decisions when it was a valid ban right?

Whoever was Ircing you crap, I'd ban them for longer.

I banned a few people for RDMing and team killing

I banned a few people for RDMing and team killing
ban them longer if they really did spam your irc

you do realize if the ban was valid they can get banned for longer for disrespecting admins and their decisions when it was a valid ban right?
This is abusive.

Admins are not superior human beings who can call down divine intervention when they are moderating their servers. People should be allowed to contest their bans because it is impossible for an admin's judgement to be correct 100% of the time. Punishing people for doing so is just a way of ensuring that your server can't become any better in terms of moderation.

This is abusive.

Admins are not superior human beings who can call down divine intervention when they are moderating their servers. People should be allowed to contest their bans because it is impossible for an admin's judgement to be correct 100% of the time. Punishing people for doing so is just a way of ensuring that your server can't become any better in terms of moderation.
That's correct, Nobot was complaining that I still broke a "rule" by "disrespecting admins".

This is abusive.

That depends on your point of view. Some servers have a rule "no disrespecting the admins", and if someone is being an out-and-out jackass despite not breaking any rules, I wouldn't mind their ban.
If someone checks your IRC to complain that the ban was unjust, and they do it once, don't extend their ban.
If they repeatedly spam the same message, they're a moron anyway. Add to the ban.

I'm already seeing that the administration is bad  :panda: