Friend's Resident Evil 5 save data lost.

Author Topic: Friend's Resident Evil 5 save data lost.  (Read 2541 times)

So during the Steam sales I got Resident Evil 5 for myself and a friend.  Since it had been a while since I had forgeted with Games for Windows Live, I had forgotten how to change your gamertag, so he had to use one of the default names until one of us figured it out.  I remembered how to do it and told him.  After changing his name, we decided to continue our playthrough, only to find out that his save file was gone due to it being tied to your gamertag and not the account itself.  He's unable to change back to his old name because Microsoft is a bunch of money whoring forgets that wont let you change your name after the first time with buying 800 Microsoft points.  Is there any way to get his save data back without playing through all the way back to chapter 4-2?

i know its not really the solution youre looking for, but playing it over might be easier than waiting for an answer. once you get good at the game speed running is very easy, and you should be good enough to make it to 4-2 in a fraction of the time it took the first time.

I don't have RE5, but it depends if it's a "you have one save" game(Like COD, Metro2033, if you start a new game your save is wiped) or if it's a multiple-save game(like BethRPG's, STALKER). If it's the latter, navigate to the game's folder which should be Program Files/Steam/steamapps/(username)/common/ResidentEvil5 (this may not be named ResidentEvil5) but then he should find his save game folder somewhere in there, and could replace his current one with it. If it's the first option however, he's pretty much screwed. If the game has Steam Cloud see if you can revert to a prior cloud-save.

I don't have RE5, but it depends if it's a "you have one save" game(Like COD, Metro2033, if you start a new game your save is wiped) or if it's a multiple-save game(like BethRPG's, STALKER). If it's the latter, navigate to the game's folder which should be Program Files/Steam/steamapps/(username)/common/ResidentEvil5 (this may not be named ResidentEvil5) but then he should find his save game folder somewhere in there, and could replace his current one with it. If it's the first option however, he's pretty much screwed. If the game has Steam Cloud see if you can revert to a prior cloud-save.
I feared that would be the case, thanks anyway.