Poll

How should the planet look in the beginning?

Cubic
8 (50%)
Round
3 (18.8%)
Realistic
5 (31.3%)
Plane
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: BL Boom de Yada [Video project] - (Almost done!)  (Read 6792 times)

The video is almost done!!
Once I get the few things I need done, this video will be reviewed and fixed some and it will be ready to go
Here's what still needs to get done:
  • Three people's contributions still need to be sent in
  • I need one more voice actor
  • I need to get a clip like- two seconds long done

Clicky-
Lyrics and whether or not they are already taken. Remember, this can and will change often.

2-9-13
So far I think we're making pretty good progress. Thanks to the all you guys that are currently helping, but we still need more help.
A lot more help.
I still need as many people as possible to help out with this. If you have a microphone and speak English, you are more than qualified to help with this.
If you just want some minor role, feel free to record yourself singing "Boom de yada" (x4) and pm it to me, or email at jojoburnash@yahoo.com
Or if you want a slightly more major role, pm me and we can talk about it.

The original post-
So you guys know about that one discovery channel music video singing about the world. Minecraft did a parody of it, and a few people have done BL versions of it. However, those version are old, outdated, and could be done better. I was thinking that it would be really cool to make a newer updated version. A version with shaders, correct resolution, and just a bit more effort put into it in general. Another idea I had, was that also instead of just taking the audio from the song, we could find an instrumental version of the song and create lyrics to it to fit Blockland, that various well known players could maybe sing to.

Here's the older version of this that I found, made by Dillpickle. The only other one was more of a slideshow than a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCV3IWrJmIs

Of course for it to be any good, I'd need a truck load of help. If you want to help, leave a post. But please know, that major roles will probably be reserved for more well known people. As for the rest of you, I'll have a few group scenes where multiple people will be singing or acting, so I could very well still be able to use you.
     As of now I have the lyrics about done, they may be revised somewhat later, I'm looking for people to help with the singing of it, if you want to help then send me a pm asking to sing some lines, or just send me an audio file of you going "boom de yada." lol
     I'm going to need a lot of help. For now I'm going to worry about the song itself, and once that's done I'll start on the video. Which I will also need a lot of help with.

ALSO-
I'm no musician, but I know what sounds good. If you're wanting to help out,
Here's some advice:

-Make sure there isn't any background noise when recording
If you do get noise-
-Make sure you're doing this at a time and place where you won't feel self concious, if you need to wait until you're home alone in order to get a good recording, by all means WAIT

-Don't worry about sounding too young or silly, it sounds worse to be monotone and quiet. Be loud and confident, confidence in one's voice sounds good!

-Sing loudly, not so loud that it becomes difficult to sing or you strain your voice. But loud, it's much easier to sound good when you're singing at a higher volume than when you're trying to be quiet so nobody else in the house hears you (another reason to wait until you're home alone.)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:25:29 PM by Mysteroo »

The lyrics needs to be different, and the voices needs to be from blockland key figures and people.

aaaa yes
i accidentally hit the bottom option instead of yes
but yes

The lyrics needs to be different, and the voices needs to be from blockland key figures and people.
great idea

I wanna go first ;)

great idea

I wanna go first ;)
wut no I am the austronaut with Tango :(

no ill be astronaut with tango

no ill be astronaut with tango
forget you you go to redhead girl

forget you you go to redhead girl
lol she was a fake and you know it.

I'll sing for you since you know that i can. ;D

Thanks for showing my video <3
also, giant nostalgia.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:02:29 AM by Dillpickle »

Thanks for showing my video <3
also, giant nostalgia.
lol, you're welcome
So it seems like I'm getting good feedback so far, I guess I'll start on some lyrics or something later today :D

Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada. I love the whole world, I love the endless seas. I love the red spam, I love the octogonal trees. Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada, I love the endless plains, I love my admins more, I love being the doge in a family rp that takes place in the store! Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada, I enjoy the pongs, and tier tactial to, I love the whole wide world. . .

I'm no key figure or person, but I'd love to be one of the space guys in the beginning.

Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada. I love the whole world, I love the endless seas. I love the red spam, I love the octogonal trees. Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada, I love the endless plains, I love my admins more, I love being the doge in a family rp that takes place in the store! Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada, Boom de Yada, I enjoy the pongs, and tier tactial to, I love the whole wide world. . .
XD this is a great start, we can revise this a little and then I think the lyrics at least will be ready.
I'll try and start making a list of who sings what parts, although I may have to wait on that until later since I'm at school atm

Edit- now that I look it up, the video had 6 lines in between each chorus, so there's still room for more lines too
Also we should try and get a good variety of things into the song, so maybe we should cahnge the endless plains, since we already have the endless seas in the first line.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:13:49 AM by Mysteroo »

HAHAHAHAHno.

Also I support this.