Sony trying to ban used games.

Author Topic: Sony trying to ban used games.  (Read 4711 times)

It's really hard being a Sony fanboy, that's all I have to say on the subject

No fair! Me and my sister have to share our PS3!

No fair! Me and my sister have to share our PS3!
Choose who gets to play the games, and who has to buy them again. The gaming community is going to be destroyed by this.

Used games and piracy are destroying the game industry causing developers to go bankrupt. This is no different than Steam games, you can't share a downloadable game.

I can understand somebody attacking Piracy, but used video games? That makes no sense.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:48:03 PM by Stick Man »

And here we go.

/opinionfights
Jesus loving Christ. Ignore every post Tony makes

This is just like the online pass crap that EA pulled.

My opinion is very valid and makes a good point. You can't share a Blockland key without it getting deactivated and there is a good reason for that.

Used games and piracy are destroying the game industry causing developers to go bankrupt. This is no different than Steam games, you can't share a downloadable game.
And here we go.

/opinionfights
Lord Tony does actually have a very good point here.

When you buy a piece of software, you buy a license. In most cases these licenses are non-transferable. Illegal transferring is the equivalent of piracy. Lord Tony is correct.

Nothing good can come out of this.  Used game resell value is like the only redeeming factor left for consoles.  Sony removes this and there's literally no reason to go with console gaming.

You have to be the world's biggest dumbass to think this is a good thing.  Used sales don't hurt at all, a video game is a video game is a video game.  You need the disc to run it, it's not like you can make a copy of it and have it legitimately work and then sell the game back.

Why aren't all the game developers bankrupt then? Games have been shared for quite some time.

Why aren't all the game developers bankrupt then? Games have been shared for quite some time.

Small time developers are going bankrupt. The developers that make Call of Duty are always going to be in the green no matter what.

My opinion is very valid and makes a good point. You can't share a Blockland key without it getting deactivated and there is a good reason for that.
The fact is, no one on here can ever have a good debate without losing their stuff with you. I'm warning the mentally impaired like Stick Man and the rest of the forum just not start