If someone came running into a battle with a sword, it would be mildly effective

Author Topic: If someone came running into a battle with a sword, it would be mildly effective  (Read 1522 times)

Think about it; if you are a soldier, and you get bulletproof armor and pants and a helmet, then grab a sword and come charging in and slicing people's heads off, it would be pretty effective. See, soldiers these days don't know how the f to react to that since swords are so ancient. Plus, they would be in shock (and your bulletproof stuff is saving your life.) Until explosives happen.

wouldn't know how to react? in shock? what?
no, they'd just shoot you

The most effective bulletproof armor only cover >.38 caliber rounds, and M4A1 and other weapons of that caliber are something like .45 caliber.

Plus, they would be in shock (and your bulletproof stuff is saving your life.) Until explosives happen.
I'm no gun expert, but if you get shot with an assault rifle wearing bullet proof armor, isn't the percussive force of the bullets hitting the armor enough to break your ribs and kill you?

no. it really wouldnt
That.
And I don't think "bullet proof" armor is what you think it is.

Even with bulletproof vests, it's still not gonna protect your body that's made out of flesh from the impact.

You could still suffer broken ribs and internal punctures and wounds.

if you're fighting idiots, sure, it'd be effective for ten seconds at most until they realize "wait this guy's an idiot lol" and shot the guy

Yes, this could work if you were wearing 15 inch kevlar.
But you probably still wouldn't last that long.

Bulletproof vests aren't actually bulletproof. They just help slow the impact so that it doesn't penetrate your body. It still hurts and leaves a bruise. And they're really only effective against small caliber rounds. And none of that protects your head/arms/legs. Not to mention that most soldiers are trained in hand-to-hand, so they'd still know how to react, not be in shock.

soldiers stopped using longswords and maces because new tech is more effective. A standard 5.56 nato round is going to ruin your day, even if you're wearing solid steel plate armor. Also, they do use "swords" in combat, except they usually call them machetes and they are more of a utility rather than a weapon.

You are not the demoman. That will not work.

Whee I know nothing of combat
Locking before I look even more stupid
Nvm continue making me looks stupid
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:57:09 PM by TristanLuigi »

The most effective bulletproof armor only cover >.38 caliber rounds, and M4A1 and other weapons of that caliber are something like .45 caliber.
5.56×45mm

Ninja training plus a Katana.