Game developers and reintroducing classic consoles

Author Topic: Game developers and reintroducing classic consoles  (Read 1754 times)

Think about it. Retro game stuff has become cool anymore.

Pixel art. Retro reproduction consoles (see: retroduo nes/snes console). All kinds of stuff!

Game companies like Nintendo should make and sell their old consoles and their games for them too. Old NES's sell for tens of thousands of dollars on ebay, a used copy of Super Mario Kart sells for a whopping $25.

Remaking these old games would likely net them alot of money. I'd gladly play $50 for a Game and Watch Super Mario...and I'm already thinking about buying an original LCD gameboy at my favorite video store.

Or it would massively devalue them.

You're not satisified with Mario Party? You can go forget yourself without a moment's notice.

Old NES's sell for tens of thousands of dollars on ebay
Bullstuff.
a used copy of Super Mario Kart sells for a whopping $25.
That's why you don't use eBay to buy retro games. Use a game shop.

On the consumer side, most people today probably wouldn't be satisfied with 8-bit graphics and sounds/music only limited to beeps and boops, literally.

On the developer side, I would imagine that the NES was extremely difficult to develop for compared to what we have today; a simple "Hello World!" program might've been ridiculously longer than it should've been. People may have had to write all of their games manually in binary or assembly. Jesus christ.

I don't know about consoles, but if they remade certain old classics with modern day graphics, I'd probably buy them again.

... for the PC.

old NESs don't sell for a lot of money on ebay. It's not "antique" it's "outdated". Buying an original NES is like buying a Windows 95 computer, it's not special and there are a stuffload of them on the market.

On the consumer side, most people today probably wouldn't be satisfied with 8-bit graphics and sounds/music only limited to beeps and boops, literally.

On the developer side, I would imagine that the NES was extremely difficult to develop for compared to what we have today; a simple "Hello World!" program might've been ridiculously longer than it should've been. People may have had to write all of their games manually in binary or assembly. Jesus christ.
I can assure you that didn't happen.

I can understand SNES going for slightly more than you would expect because SNES actually had decent games.

Old NES's sell for tens of thousands of dollars on ebay,
£40 on amazon uk, $40 on amazon us.

UK buyers are getting a worse deal.

The games and consoles of today are tomorrows retro hit.

Buy everything for one of the consoles now > wait.

:cookieMonster:

Funny thing is that retro was popular because it was styalized, you don't see the first few 3d games going for a lot of cash because they look like stuff. 3d games don't age as well as 2d ones do. 3d is like an irish woman, she's hot in her twenties but she gets fat.

I found a $100 dollar one on Ebay au but it came with 9 games, still nothing like tens of thousands

I found a $100 dollar one on Ebay au but it came with 9 games, still nothing like tens of thousands
It came with 9 games, if those are popular games the they brought the price up.

The audience isn't meant to be those people it's meant for people that have a deep nostalgia for those sorts of games.

I don't know about consoles, but if they remade certain old classics with modern day graphics, I'd probably buy them again.
... for the PC.
Go forget yourself