Taxcut

Author Topic: Taxcut  (Read 9623 times)

Arron McCraginson for President 3014!

Whenever a regular person spends beyond their means and on all sorts of stupid things, we say they have a spending problem. We don't blame it all on their lack of 100,000 extra dollars a year.

Whenever the government spends beyond their means and on all sorts of stupid things, we say they have an income problem. And we think that raising their income 1 trillion dollars a year is the solution.

Clinton era congress lowered taxes over his 8 years. How did they have a surplus then? Congress didn't spend so much.

You're acting like the US is spending it all on trivial things. Sure there are many programs to cut but a lot of money goes into programs people need to survive. I forgot what it was called but learned of it in my US government class, it was that any time someone wanted to pass a bill that would increase spending some source of revenue had to be included to offset spending.

A lot of our debt is from social security and the interest on the debt, not just trivial programs.

You're acting like the US is spending it all on trivial things. Sure there are many programs to cut but a lot of money goes into programs people need to survive. I forgot what it was called but learned of it in my US government class, it was that any time someone wanted to pass a bill that would increase spending some source of revenue had to be included to offset spending.

A lot of our debt is from social security and the interest on the debt, not just trivial programs.
They need to lower the defense budget.

I got my dad to vote for the Green Party.

does your dad vote in the electoral college or something?

does your dad vote in the electoral college or something?
..anyone can vote for the green party

I think the implication was that his vote didn't matter.

I think the implication was that his vote didn't matter.
a green party vote wouldn't have mattered in the electoral college either..

I think our rednecks can defend us, so the defense budget can be reduced for a years, dropping 300 million dollar bombs on robed dudes with cheap russian cold war stuff is a waste of many tax dollars and resources anyway. We can reduce quarter of Social security and social welfare and relocate it for agriculture. Also that politicians take a pay cut and allow us no charge type folk to recover.

I disagree with relocating social security and welfare money.

I disagree with relocating social security and welfare money.
Farms in a world of hurt right now. For example the government keep the price of milk lower than the actual price of milk. So when that carton of milk is sold diaries aren't makinga profit, instead they are loosing profit. It is also true that the government subisdizes farmers, but only mega farms get it. I'm not saying cut spending completing, just put a little of that money else where. Don't worry your free money from peoples pay checks is not going away.

Now if we can grow more corn we can create biofuels and bio plastics which will reduce our petroleum usage. With plastic and fuel made here at home toy companies and technology companies might want to come back to the us because the resources will be here. Oil found in the ground can be used toward making lubricants and more advanced rocket fuel.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:30:04 AM by Harm94 »

defense budget is vastly oversized, cut that before you cut anything

I definitely agree with cutting defense spending, but with that I also understand that you can't just slash government military spending. It has to be lowered in steps, probably staggered over multiple years. It's not something we can just cut right now for some quick cash, we're literally in too deep to do that. But, again, I do agree with initiating this process. I just think that's not the only thing that should be cut.

I definitely agree with cutting defense spending, but with that I also understand that you can't just slash government military spending. It has to be lowered in steps, probably staggered over multiple years. It's not something we can just cut right now for some quick cash, we're literally in too deep to do that. But, again, I do agree with initiating this process. I just think that's not the only thing that should be cut.
This.
Im not saying cut spending completing, just put a little of that money else where. Don't worry your free money from peoples pay checks is not going away.

A: There are other places to reduce spending

B: I don't use welfare, my grandmother did in the 60s and 70s to raise a family of 9 after her husband died of cancer, and I likely wouldn't have been born without it.

B: I don't use welfare, my grandmother did in the 60s and 70s to raise a family of 9 after her husband died of cancer, and I likely wouldn't have been born without it.
I get what you're saying, but this can be said about practically anything. Just because if something had been different you wouldn't be alive doesn't make it a good argument. There would be a whole bunch of different people here if there had never been a death penalty enacted anywhere, but that doesn't mean the death penalty is entirely unjustified.