Best fighting game?

Author Topic: Best fighting game?  (Read 1047 times)

I want to try to play fighting games somewhat competitively.
My friend said Street Fighter IV is a good place to start.
What are your favorite fighting games?

I have played 2 fighting games. Some Soul Caliber Game and Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe. In the latter I picked Sub Zero everytime and owned all my friends beacuse I read the instructions and actually knew how to play.

Smash bros.
nooooo
hopefully you're just loving with me
dude I love smash bros but it's not what I'm looking for
I have played 2 fighting games. Some Soul Caliber Game and Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe. In the latter I picked Sub Zero everytime and owned all my friends beacuse I read the instructions and actually knew how to play.
oh yeah I might go with mortal kombat

Bro

I know that Smash Bros is to fighting games what trackmania is to racing games, but let's be honest, Smash Bros is loving great.

Bro

I know that Smash Bros is to fighting games what trackmania is to racing games, but let's be honest, Smash Bros is loving great.
oh nono trust me, it's loving fantastic, and I also like Playstation All-Stars quite a bit, but
I want to try to play fighting games somewhat competitively.

Gotta get that MKVSDC and Soul Calibur V.

Gotta get that MKVSDC and Soul Calibur V.
read that out loud as JSDKHFJDGB
then I realized what it was

MK, Soul Calibur or Ultimate Fighter

Two cents: Stick with Street Fighter. Play on a fightstick if you can. Go for anything else you might fancy afterwards. It's not that Street Fighter is special, or that somehow everything you learn in SF will translate to all other games (it won't in many cases). It's just a good place to start if you're thinking about competitive play at any level. I also recommend playing one of the earlier SF titles (II Turbo and up) before IV.

I don't have any real favorite, but the games I usually play are SF and Melty Blood. can't say I'm any good at them though ._. I have Guilty Gear but I hardly touch it.