U.S. Presidential Megathread

Author Topic: U.S. Presidential Megathread  (Read 8767 times)

This thread is for the discussion of United States Presidents, Presidential Elections, and other political discussions.
There have been 44 U.S. presidents. Barack Obama, the incumbent president, is now serving his second and final term. Each president can only serve two terms, according to the 22nd amendment. The only president to serve more than 2 terms was Franklin D. Roosevelt, who was elected to 4 terms before the 22nd amendment was ratified.
If a president dies while in office, the Vice President becomes president to finish their term. They may then run again for 2 more terms, but a previous Vice-President has never been elected to a 2nd full term.
There are two main political parties in America, the Democratic Party, and the Republican Party. There are other third-party political parties, such as the Green Party, and the Libertarian Party.
Not all presidents are good presidents. Some of the worst presidents, according to most people, are James Buchanan, Warren G. Harding, Ulysses S. Grant, Martin Van Buren, Franklin Pierce, and Andrew Johnson. Some of the best, according to most people, are Franklin D. Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Jackson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan.
Every day, I will provide a "President of the Day." title to one president. Once 44 days pass, I'll start over again.

Discuss the U.S. Presidents, Presidential Elections, and etc.

Click this link to read about the Democratic Party.
Click this link to read about the Republican Party.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:12:22 PM by LOL :D »

We need an overhaul of the election process.
 - Limit on campaign fundraising and require disclosure of donors
 - All voting machines and infrastructure should be publicly held, not in the hands of private corporations
 - Debates must be more about policy than past "accomplishments"
 - The eligibility requirements for debates should be lowered, so that other parties are represented

I've heard that some/most presidents were bad their first 4 years then got better their next.

I've heard that some/most presidents were bad their first 4 years then got better their next.
How do you explain George W. Bush

Some of the worst presidents, according to most people, are James Buchanan, Warren G. Harding, Ulysses S. Grant, Martin Van Buren, Franklin Pierce, and Andrew Johnson.
no

how the forget was Andrew Johnson one of the worst?