U.S. Presidential Megathread

Author Topic: U.S. Presidential Megathread  (Read 8759 times)

imo it would be nice if they removed "under god" considering this is not a christian nation.
Get a DeLorean from Doc Brown.

It's just really unnecessary considering we're full of mixed religions.
The fact that we put "god" in just about every American Government thing still misleads a lot of radical christians and church groups into think they have any power whatsoever over the "non-believers" in our society.

Sadly, that will never happen.
There will always be that one group of douche bags that will kill puppies just to get stuff like that thrown out the window.

Get a DeLorean from Doc Brown.
Religious oppression was a main reason for going to america at the time

It's just really unnecessary considering we're full of mixed religions.
The fact that we put "god" in just about every American Government thing still misleads a lot of radical christians and church groups into think they have any power whatsoever over the "non-believers" in our society.

Sadly, that will never happen.
There will always be that one group of douche bags that will kill puppies just to get stuff like that thrown out the window.
I remember this thread.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=189550.0

I remember this thread.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=189550.0
The people saying no didn't seem to realize the uselessness of it lol.
Keeping it implies power to christians exclusively. Removing it and changing it back to that latin motto or something else non-religious will be more beneficial to society, I think. On a purely social aspect, though. Nothing economic or fiscal.

And the president of the day is? c:

Rights are forbidden.
The idea that unions are what stands between workers and terrible conditions is ridiculous in this day and age. There are enough regulations nowadays to prevent any sort of grotesque work environment. All unions really are anymore is a tool for collective wage bargaining.

The idea that unions are what stands between workers and terrible conditions is ridiculous in this day and age. There are enough regulations nowadays to prevent any sort of grotesque work environment. All unions really are anymore is a tool for collective wage bargaining.
I'm glad you recognize that all wages are "sufficient".

I'm glad you recognize that all wages are "sufficient".
Wages beyond minimum are not "rights". No one has a right to earn $10 an hour. Sure, it wouldn't be a very good living off of $10 an hour, but you don't have a right to get it.

Wages beyond minimum are not "rights". No one has a right to earn $10 an hour. Sure, it wouldn't be a very good living off of $10 an hour, but you don't have a right to get it.
So what is everyone bitching about?