0 (0%)
3 stars - I like it
4 (25%)
4 stars - I really like it
4 (25%)
5 stars - I love it
8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: AoB Application - By Bishop  (Read 3405 times)

Hello! and welcome to my application for the clan
 Architects of Blockland.

Bishop's Bar
Photos taken by Plasma

The Exterior

The Interior

And that's it! Hope you enjoyed viewing this build. Please feel free to rate and criticize. Advice is appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:23:13 PM by Penguin/Person »

That looks really good, the smoke in there makes it really atmospheric :D

I feel that the roof and the walls look pretty odd together, like they're not the same style. Is the roof blue or is that just caused by shadows?

Really nice! Good luck to getting in!

Also, why are lights on the ceiling floating on 1x1 poles? Is it supposed to be like that or..?

The first interior pic is amazing.

Really nice! Good luck to getting in!

Also, why are lights on the ceiling floating on 1x1 poles? Is it supposed to be like that or..?
I think the op wants us to imagine chains in between each of those poles

That looks really good, the smoke in there makes it really atmospheric :D

Yes the smoke is from people smokin cigars and what not in there.

I feel that the roof and the walls look pretty odd together, like they're not the same style. Is the roof blue or is that just caused by shadows?

The roof is black.

The first interior pic is amazing.

Thanks! Photo taken by Plasma. Guy with the cigar - Dante77, Black guy- Momm3, Waiter bringing cup to the table- Me.

I think the op wants us to imagine chains in between each of those poles

Yes, it's like a light hanging on the ceiling by a chain.

Well, here we goooooooo....

Exterior:
To start off, I feel that the shaping of the first floor's outer wall wasn't executed very well.  Usually you would want the thicker/larger parts of the building at the bottom for stability, and reversing it in this case looks pretty odd in my opinion.  Additionally, the columns on each of the corners was an interesting idea, however it didn't really seem to work out that greatly, and doesn't really fit in with the rest of the exterior.  I also dislike how it isn't always next to some of the recessed wall.  The point of those sort of columns is so there is a much more noticeable and cleaner transition around corners through the use of depth.  However, since it is next to a part of the wall that isn't recessed, it doesn't give that feeling of depth as vividly, and doesn't work as well.  I also have a problem about the top of the first floor wall.  It looks very short and restricting, and I think that you could have raised the top of the brick pattern by a block to make the building look more open, but right now it looks like it's blocking part of the window (even though it may not be), and makes the first floor look shorter than it actually is.  In terms of how the roof is, I also find it strange how the roof seems recessed compared to the walls.  I guess that's just a personal thing, but it makes the building seem smaller than it actually is.  For the roof itself, I dislike how the edges of it are exposed.  It would look much nicer if you added some kind of edge piece to the end of it.  Those windows on the sides of the roof also seems to lack a proper framing, which makes for a rather amateur-looking transition to them, and the brace on the side of the roof also looks rather awkward how it is done.
However, I like the color choices that you used for the exterior, it creates a very nice, warm feeling to the overall style of the building, and the base of it was also done very nicely. Very simple, yet very effective at giving a solid look to the bottom of the structure.  I also like the detailing around the door and the door frame itself.  It blends in very well with the rest of the building's style.  Also, dat lantern. <3

Interior:
The interior feels a tad cramped, however, you didn't really have that much space to work with, but I think that exterior column in the center was rather unnecessary and only limited it more.  And the chains didn't really work out all too well, even though it was a good idea.
The rest of the interior is very good, the flooring has a nice, organized pattern that works and fits the colors of the rest of the building.  The walls are also superb, with your usage of depth combined with the impressive transitions giving a very clean look.  The furniture is very realistic and fitting, along with it being well spaced around the building, and the shelves look good with the rest of the wall.  The color choices also work well here with the bar feeling.  Given the total amount of space you had to work with in the interior, the interior is very impressive.

Overall, it's good, but you could work on your exterior more.

Well, here we goooooooo....

-forget-
ok lets read this stuff

longest constructive criticism ever

new record

ok lets read this stuff

longest constructive criticism ever

new record

I think I actually wrote a longer one on another AoB app sometime in like, 2010.

brother forget you

Why thanks Glaedr! Thank you for your negative as well as positive opinion. I appreciate hearing them both. I see that you have pointed out alot of details in which knowing you, I know that if I made some changes the build could have came out 5 times as good, which gives me inspiration for when I build again. Thanks(: And yea i kno dat lamp

I think this is a great build. Exceptional improvement since your last application! lol

I hope this gets you in. Good luck!

I think this is a great build. Exceptional improvement since your last application! lol

I hope this gets you in. Good luck!
I have never officially applied for AoB before this, but I understand what you mean lol. For the past three years I would start to make an app, then ditch it, then start to make another, then ditch that one, and so on and so on hahah. But I finally finished one!:) Thank you for your input I appreciate it.<3