[AoB] Architects of Blockland - 2013

Author Topic: [AoB] Architects of Blockland - 2013  (Read 40649 times)

AoB, or Architects of Blockland, is a clan dedicated to skillful building while maintaining a membership of skilled and mature
players. The clan's goal is to provide each and every player with an ideal, friendly environment in which to share their ideas
and to learn from skilled builders, and advancing their technique. Being a member does not grant you just a place in the
community, but also the opportunity to learn from fellow members and to share your ideas through both standalone and
collaborative building projects. If you are a builder seeking community, come and knock on our door, for we are waiting for you.

History

In 2006, General Jake started hosting servers to work on large builds. After a while, he noticed that a lot of the people helping him with his projects came back to help on later projects. He started to feel like these people formed a "team" of builders; a team of architects. Soon after, the idea came to organize a formal clan with these builders as the core members. The name "Architects of Blockland" was coined, neat and simple, and such AoB was born with General Jake as its' leader. Some early members who were highly influential to AoB's development were FredzoC, Polymer (AKA :Tom:), Lordy_Lord, and *Magick* Mage.

Over the years, AoB has continued to grow in mature membership and community reputation, and the AoB community has evolved tremendously overall. The clan has maintained a pleasant, skillful building environment since it began. Throughout most of its history, the clan founder, General Jake, maintained leadership. However, in 2011, Jake took a backseat position in AoB, giving Remousamavi the position of acting director. Soon after, before the 2012 year, General Jake resigned, announcing his departure from Blockland He handed full ownership of the group over to Remousamavi to lead from 2012 on.

The Architects of Blockland is, as of 2013, SEVEN years old. For each year of AoB's existence, we have created a new forum topic to bring in the new year. Along with a new topic, we often update policies, application status, and the clan roster each new year. Below is a list of all AoB sessions, and links to their respective forum threads, if they exist:

- AoB 2006
 - AoB 2007
 - AoB 2008
 - AoB 2009
 - AoB 2010
 - AoB 2011
 - AoB 2012

Apply to AoB

AoB is currently Accepting Applications.

To apply to the Architects of Blockland, you must be a highly skilled builder. AoB is, and always has been, first and foremost, a building clan. As such, we will not accept members on the grounds that they are good at eventing, or any other aspect of Blockland. For those who join AoB, and are interested in eventing, we have an eventing branch of the clan set up with the highly original name "Architects of Blockland, Eventing" (AoBE). This is for members who are accepted to the group and also have an interest in eventing. One is not a substitute for the other, and you cannot just join AoBE.

If you wish to apply for AoB and you believe you have sufficient building skills, follow the directions below:

1] Build your Application

There are two ways you can do this:

1) You can build your application on the official AoB server. Please Note: Applications can only be built
     when the AoB Headquarters is being hosted, unless told otherwise by the clan Director. When done, ask the clan
     Director or other approved grader to look at your work. If your build shows off your skill, you will proceed to the
     next step.

2) You can build on your own server. Once you are done building, post detailed pictures in the Gallery section
     of the forum. If you do this, be sure to inform the Clan Director personally, either in-game or through forum PM.
     Please Note: Apps built in your own server will not be loaded onto the AoB server. No exceptions!

2] Be Interviewed

The interview is a 5-10 minute private talk with the clan Director. No preparation is necessary, and rehearsal is discouraged. You may have to wait a bit to secure
  an interview time, but you also have the option to schedule an interview ahead of time by speaking with the clan Director, by forum PM, or by posting here, in the
  AoB topic.

3] Have your Application Judged

Following the interview, your application build will be formally judged. A number of clan members will inspect your build and give you a rating 1-10. On average, a
  passing score is 8.5. The clan Director will always have the final say in all application judging, but this score is most commonly taken as your application result. Input
  from any members present is also taken into account. If you pass this step, you become a member of rank R-1 in AoB, unless given a
  different rank by the clan Director.

Ranks

The AoB ranking system consists of ranks and titles. Some ranks do not have multiple titles. All new members begin as Recruits; former members wishing to rejoin may enter Builder.
There are three possible titles to a given rank: Novel, Experienced, and Senior. The Novel title may be excluded; a Novel Builder may also be simply referred to as a Builder. An Experienced or Senior Builder, however, would invariably retain their titles. A Senior titled ranker may be promoted to the Novel title of the next rank; a Senior Builder will become a Novel Architect.

A rank or title promotion is gained by demonstration of trustworthiness, loyalty, high building and/or eventing skills, and orderly, civilized conduct; ranks and titles do not apply to building skills alone. It should also be noted that it is more difficult to attain a change in rank than it is to attain a change in rank title.
  • Recruit
         No rank titles
    Recruits are, simply put, new members. This rank has not yet learned many of the ways of
  AoB, or has not yet "earned their stripes", so to say. All who are initiated into AoB for the first time will start with Recruit.

• Builder
         Builder/Novel Builder,   Experienced Builder,   Senior Builder
    Builders are members who have been in the clan long enough to prove that they aren't going to be inactive, and have shown that they are sincere about being a part of AoB. Returning AoB members who have/had been with us for long time will automatically be placed here.
A Senior Builder's next rank will become Architect.

• Architect
         Architect/Novel Architect,   Experienced Architect,   Senior Architect
    Architects are members who have proven themselves as elite builders. They have been in the clan
  for a very long time and have shown themselves to be loyal to the group. Often times, Architect ranking
  members are teachers for AoB's classes.

• Guru
         Supplementary Title to Senior Architect
    Gurus are the top ranking builders/designers of the clan. They are similar to Architects, but of a higher calibre. Those of the rank "Guru" are often looked to for temporary leadership in the absence of another clan leader. This rank is a supplement to Senior Architect; A Guru may be labeled "Senior Architect (Guru)".

• Leader [Director, Retired Director]
         Director & Leader's rank
    Leaders are the rank with the main leading and/or directing role in the clan. Members who receive this rank are hand-picked by the Clan Director, based on factors separate from those of the normal ranks. Currently, there are only two members that hold this rank. General Jake, the founder of AoB, has the rank of Retired Director, and Remousamavi is the current Director of AoB.

• Ghost
         Ex-human AoB members.
Given if your name is *Magick* Mage, you have been with AoB for virtually its entire run, and are still with the clan spiritually.

Architects of Blockland, Eventing Division (AoBED)

AoBED is AoB's eventing & engineering branch. A minimum of Recruit rank is required to join AoBED. Together, AoBED works on advanced eventing projects, as well as set up events for builds created by AoB.

Ranking here works similar to the regular ranking system, except there are no numbered ranks in AoBED. These ranks are supplementary to AoB ranks. For example, if you were a B-3 rank, and became an AoBED member, your name in the Member list would look like this:

Username (Senior Builder), [AoBED Mechanic]

The ranks for AoBED are as follows:

• Mechanic
    Basic eventing skills. People in this rank know how to work with basic named brick events
  and relays. Generally very basic VCE understanding. Skills include light switches, doors, curtains, trapdoors, emitter signals, etc.

• Technician
    Intermediate eventing skills. People in this rank can work proficiently with what they have. They can create relay-only devices with one or no named bricks or make a complex contraption. Basic to moderate knowledge of VCE events. Skills include security doors, player filters, click input based control systems, brick databases, etc.

• Engineer
    Advanced eventing skills. People in this rank are experts at all ranges of events. They do not
  need named bricks, and VCE proficient Engineers do not even need many relays. Skills include computers, TDM control systems, training simulators with fully functional scoreboards, foolproof control panels, etc.

Note before applying:

• 1] Only members of AoB may enter AoBED. A minimum of Recruit rank is required to enter AoBED. AoBED remains a supplement and division to the main AoB clan, and central membership is therefore required.
  • 2] Members of higher AoB ranks will find it easier to progress through AoBE ranks than newcomers. This is because older members are less likely to suddenly disappear and be dropped, and also because older members are more trustworthy of access to contributions in advanced eventing projects, such as security systems and economy systems.

Members

Below is a list of of AoB's current members and their respective ranks. This list is sorted by rank, and then in alphabetical order.

AoB's roster currently fills 12 of 20 member slots. (Count does not include Leaders!)

Last Updated: February | 26 | 2013.

General Jake (Retired Director), [AoBED Engineer]
Remousamavi (Director), [AoBED Engineer]

Black_Ninja (Nv-A)

Dante77 (Sn-B), [AoBED Mechanic]
Plasma (Sn-B)
Trifax (Ex-B)
Benofdoom (Nv-B), [AoBED Engineer]

Artifact (R)
Bishop (R)
I have not (R)
Jacky (R)
momm3 (R)
RMS Gigantic (R)
Rye (R)

<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>

*Magick* Mage [Ghost]

Tags & Uniform

Members of AoB are asked to wear their clan tag at all times, in any server, especially when in the AoB server. AoB tags start with AoB. or AoB-, and
  end in with rank. If you wish to represent two clans at once, you may use the second clan tag to do so.

Below is a list of acceptable clan tag formats:

• You are a Builder, rank 2:
          AoB.Username Here.B2

• You are a Guru, Rank 1:
          AoB-Username Here-G1

• You wish to represent both AoB and Clan XXXX:
          AoB.Username HereXXXX

Clan uniforms are mandatory when attending an event or ceremony, and are generally preferred at all times when in the AoB server, although not required. Members are also asked to wear
  their uniform when working on clan projects, and when otherwise representing AoB outside of the server. It is recommended that you have your uniform saved as a favorite in the avatar editor.

Please follow these guidelines when donning your AoB uniform:

• Your hat should be the same shape as the one seen to the left, and colored to match your rank.
  • Your face can be any decal you choose, and your skin tone should be a color of human flesh.
  • Shoulder pads must always be worn. Recruits wear shoulder pads with a single bar, Builders wear shoulder pads with two bars, Architects and Gurus wear shoulder pads with three bars, and Leaders wear shoulder pads with a Star. These should also be colored to match your rank.
  • Your torso (Uniform Shirt) can be any shade of Black or Gray, and you must wear either the suit pictured to the left or the Pilot's Jacket. Other colors are sometimes accepted. Please speak to a clan Leader for details. Gloves are optional. You may choose any shape torso and arms you like.
  • Your pants and shoes can also be any shade of black or gray you desire. Other colors are sometimes accepted. Please speak to a clan leader for details.

Blacklist

The Blacklist consists of those who were permanently banned from AoB for various reasons. If you see your name here and do not understand why, you may PM the clan Director to inquire about it. Names listed in Black are people who have been blacklisted. Names listed in Gray are people who have appealed their blacklist status and are on watch. Names listed in White are people who have been removed from the blacklist, though their names will remain here for reference.

CrÍpe (BL_ID: 14388)
        Reason: Impersonating AoB members, pretending to hack

Guitar God (BL_ID: 36116)
        Reason: Destroying AoB property by bypassing trust system, impersonating multiple blocklanders to evade punishment

Kjeld (BL_ID: 5896)
        Reason: Flaming, acting like a noob, childish comments

Lord Tony (BL_ID: 5146)
        Reason: Attempting to crash the server, acting like a noob, connecting with multiple accounts

Lord_Tony (BL_ID: 14043)
        Reason: Attempting to crash the server, acting like a noob, connecting with multiple accounts

Ownage (BL_ID: 10353)
        Reason: Hacking threats

Sk8erGameFreak (BL_ID: 6908)
        Reason: Excessive cursing, flaming AoB members, stealing AoB builds, IRC harassment

WackerZ (BL_ID: 17457)
        Reason: IRC harassment, trolling, spamming

Zealot (BL_ID: 36646)
        Reason: Dedicated troll

Ecksdee (BL_ID: 14912)
        Reason: Flaming

[TC9]OBlanzerO[GBLD] (BL_ID: 18715)
        Reason: Stealing AoB builds

Jenxas (BL_ID: 15385)
        Reason: Trolling
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:15:48 AM by Remousamavi »

Artifact
---  Recruit  ---

Although I'm not the best builder one of the reasons I am joining is to improve

Benofdoom
---  Novel Builder  ---  Engineer III  ---

I tend to goof off often but can be serious when need be.

Bishop
---  Recruit  ---

Bishop - Bad ass thug who's seen AoB in her good times and bad, and will stay by her side forevermore, for her love and well being is all that he cares for, and his only intentions within the land of blocks is toward the betterment of her appearance towards others.

Dante77
---  Senior Builder  ---  Engineer II  ---

I'm looking forward to participating in many projects and having a good time playing Blockland with AoB this year. I also hope the clan gets a little more fame and prestige. I would love to see new members in the clan and assist to as many AoB classes as I can :)

★ General Jake ★
★★★  AoB Founder, Retired Director  ★★★

I started AoB in 2006 with the intent of having a group of friends to build with. Over time, it's evolved into what it is today. I'm very proud to be the founder of the longest-running clan in Blockland's history, and I intend to keep up with it as we journey into the future!

I have not
---  Recruit  ---

Anyone wanna build?

momm3
---  Recruit  ---

Hard work leads to success.

Plasma
---  Senior Builder  ---

[insert super cool personal statement here]

★ Remousamavi ★
★★★  Director  ★★★  Chief Engineer  ★★★

당신은 어두운, 차가운, 빈, 위험한 곳에서 나를 찾을 수 있습니다

Trifax
---  Senior Builder  ---  Engineer III  ---

I've always felt extremely honored to be a part of AoB. It's been an indicator of how much I've improved over the years both as a person, and as a Blockland player. It's always a joy to work with such wonderful architects, and I consider a number of them to be good friends. I can't wait to see where this clan goes! Great places, no doubt, but only time will tell. Cheers!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:04:09 AM by Remousamavi »

Can't wait to see what you have in store! I hear AoB's making a big return this year. :)

That's one heck of a logo.

CrIpe.

3 things:

May make appeal to get unbanned
Nice logo
You're better than Origin (which died anyway)

May make appeal to get unbanned

This is I think the sixth time you said so, and the first time that was a stated "may".

Nice logo

Were you in Origin?

It's nice to know that your still doing something productive with your time crepe

Also, nice logo Remousamavi
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:59:26 PM by lolz?? »

Seems legit.
100%

awesome! :D i feel we're going to do a lot this year :)

As you probably can tell from the fact that I'm building something in the application area of your server, I'm building an application. So, to see what has gotten in before, is there a list of old applications with links to them somewhere, or do I have to continue looking through the archives?

As you probably can tell from the fact that I'm building something in the application area of your server, I'm building an application. So, to see what has gotten in before, is there a list of old applications with links to them somewhere, or do I have to continue looking through the archives?

There is no kept list of previous applications. Try putting "AoB App" in the search box and see which ones got accepted.

It's nice to know that your still doing something productive with your time crepe
*you're

I am doing many productive things with my time such as The Block. Are you developing a grudge towards me

Why am I blacklisted? I never been on Blockland in months.

Why am I blacklisted? I never been on Blockland in months.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=91174.0 You were blacklisted in 2010, And I'm pretty sure you were using blockland then.