Author Topic: [AoB] - Architects of Blockland - 2011  (Read 82318 times)

CLOSED on January 29, 2012 by General Jake
AoB 2012 topic coming soon by Remousamavi

The AoB (The Architects of Blockland) clan is dedicated to skillful building, while maintaining a membership of skilled and mature players. Our goal is to provide each and every player with an ideal environment for building and advancing their techniques. Membership does not grant you just a place in our community, but the ability to learn from colleagues, and to share your own unique building style through standalone builds and contributing to group builds. Come and knock on our door, we're waiting for you.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away a man named General Jake hosted servers to work on large builds. Every time he hosted them, he had a lot of the same people come into the server and ask to help. After a while, he started to feel that they were almost like a "team" or "clan" of builders. That was when the idea was first spawned. A clan of Architects. But what to name this group... "The Architects of Blockland" seemed like a good one. As of today, our clan still has a growing population of members. Over the years, AoB has continued to build up a mature membership, community recognition and reputation, overall quality, and maintained a pleasant, skilled building environment. Leadership formats have changed greatly, with General Jake at the helm for the duration of AoB's life so far, however as of 2011, General Jake is taking a back seat to AoB's new acting Director Remousamavi.

Previous AoB topics:
 - AoB 2006
 - AoB 2007
 - AoB 2008
 - AoB 2009
 - AoB 2010
 - AoB 2011

AoB is currently Accepting Applications.

To apply to AoB, you must be able to build skillfully and have at least a bare basics knowledge of wrench events. AoB is first and foremost a building clan. For anybody who comes to the server saying "kan I join? I dunt build g00d but im kewl at events," this means you (That was a quote from a Blockhead, FYI).

Steps to apply:
      1) Build Your Application - The first step of applying to AoB is building your actual application. There are two choices of how to do so. You may build it in the AoB server, or you can build it on your own server; however, if built on another server, the application must be posted in the Gallery section of the Blockland Forums with good screenshots. You may not load your application in the server. There will be no exceptions.
        There are two requirements for an AoB application. First, your application must have an exterior. For example, a house must be finished on the outside, not just on the inside. Second, your application must have a unique interior. This means that, for example, if you are building a house, the interior walls should not consist of the same bricks used to construct the exterior. The interior should be planned and make sense. Don't spend your time building a fancy exterior and then quickly construct a poor interior just to satisfy the requirement. Terrain applications are accepted, but they must also have an exterior AND an interior, such as a cave or mine. Your application will not be judged until step two is complete. When you finish your application in the server, or when you post it on the forum, let Remousamavi know, and you can move on to step two.

2) Interview - Anybody that wants to apply for AoB will have a simple five minute interview with Remousamavi on the AoB server. There is no real preparation required for this, but don't just come into the server and expect an immediate interview. Please post on the forum, send a PM, or otherwise make some sort of rough time appointment beforehand with the Director. If you "pass" the interview, you will move to the final step of the application process.

3) Judging - Once steps one and two have been completed, your built application will be judged. Multiple members, chosen at random, will be shown your application anonymously to rate it. Ultimately, the Director has the final say on applications, but decisions from the membership are regularly adhered to. If you pass the judging, you will become a member of AoB, with the position of Recruit Rank 1, unless informed otherwise.

The ranks "Recruit" and "Builder" have multiple ranks. This means that in order to level up to the next rank, you must first level up through Builder Rank 1, Builder Rank 2, etc.

Ret. Director
Director
Leader - A leader is hand-chosen by the Director to be an administrator on the server and to help manage the clan. Leaders are skilled builders and have showed dedication to the clan.
Guru - An instructor, a clan Guru is there to assist newer members and pass on their building expertise. This person is very trustworthy and capable of handling some authority.
Architect - An Architect is a member who has excellent building technique and skill, and who has proven themselves to be very trustworthy.
Builder [3 Ranks] - Someone who has proven themselves to be a skilled builder and trustworthy member.
Recruit [2 Ranks] - First rank of official membership. This is a person with at least basic building skill.
[H] [2 Ranks] - Honorary member.

[10 Members Currently]
(Sorted by rank, then alphabetically.)

- General Jake [RD]
 - Remousamavi [D]
 - *Magick* Mage [B2]
 - Dante77 [R2]
 - Glaedr [R2]
 - Trifax [R2]
 - Black_Ninja [R1]
 - Jacky [R1]
 - benofdoom [H]

* - If not active by August 22, 2011, kicked for inactivity.

About

AoBE, or "Architects of Blockland: Eventing", is the eventing division of AoB. While AoB is primarily a building clan, it does have a secondary focus in eventing. When misused or overused, events can sometimes diminish a build, but when used properly and with care, they can spice up a build. AoBE's goal is to use events so that they bring out the best in a build, as well as creating event-based projects of their own. AoBE is also responsible for the functions and security of the HQ and other AoB projects.

Ranking

Ranks in AoBE are for keeping track of a person's eventing calibre, and do not in any way interact with a member's existing AoB rank. A person who is extraordinary at eventing may get in on a higher rank to start. It should also be noted that, like AoB ranks, it is possible to be demoted.

Technician
  • Basic to intermediate eventing skills. Basic idea of advanced events such as zone events and variable conditional events.
  • Requires B1 or greater in AoB to enter.

Mechanic
  • Intermediate to expert eventing skills. Knows all regular events backwards and inside out, knows advanced events fairly well.
  • Requires R2 or greater in AoB to enter.

Engineer
  • Extraordinary eventing skills. Knows advanced events very well.
  • Requires R1 or greater in AoB to enter.

Application

To apply for AoBE, you must first be in AoB as at least R1. Your application must:

• Show you know what you are doing.
  • Show you have the skills needed for advanced eventworking.

Remousamavi will be judging event apps.

HQ-
   The HQ for 2011 will be a clan build. The location, shape, and floorplans of the building will be determined by AoB members' votes and opinions of what and where things should go. Additionally, an area will be selected for members to experiment with building and eventing techniques and submit their own props to the design. Additionally, thumbnail scale models of alternative designs will be considered, and possibly used as the actual design.

AWARDS-
   Awards are going to be given out for the 2011 year, and some new ones have been added! The AoB 2010 award ceremony was never held, unfortunately, however the 2010 AoB awards will be distributed in the near future. The 2010 AoB Awards shall be the first set of awards given out, which shall be recorded and displayed properly, as older awards have been forgotten. The only awards that we have to be displayed previous to 2010 are the "Best Builder" and "Best Eventer" awards from both 2008 and 2009.

PRINT PACK-
   Title: AoB Official Print Pack
   Summary: A print pack including 1x1 brick prints used around the AoB HQ and server.
   Author: General Jake
   Version: 6.0
   Last Updated: 04/16/11
   Download: Download Link (Note: This download is not available from RTB, nor the Add-on section of the forums!)

MANDATORY EVENTS-
   If a member fails to attend a mandatory event without prior notice to the Director, the member will be suspended for 2 weeks. If you can't come to something, tell us in advance and you will be excused.

UNIFORM-
   AoB does, in fact, have a uniform system. Uniforms are required at clan events and at meetings only!

CONTEST-
   For more information, see here.

People listed below are blacklisted from AoB.
Gray names indicate someone that has appealed their blacklist status and are temporarily unbanned and on watch.
White names indicate someone that has been removed from blacklist status. These people's names will remain on this list in white.

(List is in alphabetical order.)

Crepe [14388] - Reason: Impersonating Members and Pretending to Hack
Kjeld [5896] - Reason: Flaming / Acting like a noob / Childish comments
Lord Tony [5146] - Reason: Spamming with the intent to crash the server / Acting like a noob / Connecting with multiple accounts
Lord_Tony [14043] - Reason: Spamming with the intent to crash the server / Acting like a noob / Connecting with multiple accounts
Ownage [10353] - Reason: Hacking Threats
Sk8rGameFreak [6908] - Reason: Excessive Cursing / Flaming Members / Stealing AoB Builds / IRC Harassment
WackerZ [17457] - Reason: IRC Harassment / Trolling / Spamming

Ecksdee (Previously "Der Uberkampf") [14912] - Reason: Flaming
[TC9]OBlanzerO[GBLD] [18715] - Reason: Stealing AoB Builds
Jenxas [15385] - Reason: Trolling

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 03:56:21 PM by General Jake »

Just as a reminder, guys, Remousamavi is the acting Director of AoB, so the servers will be in his name (Remousamavi's [AoB] Official) so don't be looking for mine anymore. I'm not leaving completely. I'm going to be managing the forum topic, and active here, but I won't be in the game too much. (By the way, everything in the OP has been updated, so please read it through!) Rem is going to be taking control of all my regular duties, but I will still retain ownership of the group and I'll be popping in from time to time. I just really have no time to manage a group anymore, and there seemed to be some demand through PMs and E-Mails for AoB to come back.
  So... It seems I'm nearing the end of my Blockland career. I've had a good run. I started playing Blockland back in 2004 or 2005 I think, in Vanilla. I still remember when I started RTBMM with Reactor Worker so long ago. lol. When I started AoB, I never really thought I'd be turning over control. And I find it amazing how much the AoB community has evolved since then. The first real leaders were myself, Mckools, Nick, Fredzo C., :Tom: (now known as Polymer), and I don't believe any of them even really play BL regularly anymore. Now we have all new faces. But anyway, I won't continue ranting on because I feel like I'm taking this too seriously for a game. In short, I've made lots of friends and unfortunately a few enemies, and I'm glad I got to have the experience of it for the past few years. I thank anybody who's helped me out in the past and I wish everybody luck in their future endeavours.
  I'm not leaving immediately. As I've said before, I am retaining ownership of AoB, and I'll be popping in, but I know that I will be leaving soon and when I do, I'll probably just fade out. I just wanted to make sure I got that out before it happens. Thanks for reading.

Beautifully said. c;

Congradulations, Rem. And great layout, Jakey .:D

It seems to me like you ripped off of AoE.

You are joking, yes? :P

If you bothered to read any of this topic, you might have noticed that AoB has been around for 5 years and AoE has been around for 2 months.

Ben is not sure if he should be happy or sad?

Sorry to hear that, Jake. It's been good knowing you, and as long as AoB is open, and will have me, I'll be a proud member of this clan.

On another note, do you we have to re-app? You said in the 2010 topic a while back that we wouldn't have to, and if that's still the case adding me to the OP would be kewl.

SO GLAD TO SEE IT'S BACK. yaaaay.

I did forget to add to the OP that returning members from the 2010 forum post only have to go through the interview stage of the application process.

I laughed hard. You're so stupid.

I can't connect, either. D:

I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it's been happening ever since Badspot came out with that punch package thing. It seems, though, that if you were to keep trying and waiting for it to time out, it would eventually let you on.