11 (23.4%)
B - 2008-10 Ford Escape
6 (12.8%)
C - 2007 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
25 (53.2%)
D - Suggesting Other Car.
5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Jeep's Car Thread - Compiltation  (Read 3598 times)

I need to buy a car by the end of February. I've made threads like this before, however, this is a compilation of those vehicles that I selected. Choose your favorite, or if you have another suggestion, please post some info on it (pic as well). My limit here is about 12,500 - check Edmunds for prices.

2008 Jeep Patriot (click picture for video)
Benefits:
-Cheaper than Escape. (also great on gas)
-Jeep.
Downfalls:
-Kinda boring.
-CVT.

2008-10 Ford Escape
Benefits:
-More accessorized that Jeep Patriot.
-Great on gas.
Downfalls:
-More expensive (not substantially)

2007 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
Benefits: (not going to play cop with this)
-v8 Engine.
-Tons of fun, and VERY cheap parts.
Downfalls:
-Interior is "bare bones".
-People will drive extremely slow around me.

Suggestions are welcome. Any cars that I like will be added to this poll. Please keep this format to make my life easier! This will likely be the last "Car Suggestion" thread.

Don't get a Crown Vic that just makes all other drivers hate you for giving them a mini heart attack.
You don't want to be that guy.

I'd go with the Patriot.

should be a pretty obvious choice of the crown. pretty sure its the cheapest and will probably be best suited for what you will be using it for.

The Crown would be "de-policed" if I bought it. The one I'm looking at is dark blue, has a ram bar, and a spotlight. I would remove the spotlight, the bar, and swap out the pursuit hubs for normal vic hubs. I saw someone driving something like that the other day. I knew it wasn't a cop, and I thought it was really cool.

Get the Crown Victoria and put fake police lights on the top.

you can probably buy a crown pretty cheap used then fix it up for cheaper then the other two options

Another benefit of the crown is my impending job. I'm taking up a job as a dog walker / caretaker. There might be a few instances where I might have to throw a dog (or 3) in the back, which the crown would be the most qualified to do.

Get the Crown Victoria and put fake police lights on the top.
You'd go to jail. I would buy window lights and leave them at home. I would only bring them to car shows to make it look cool. Even then, someone else would be transporting them. So if I got pulled over, there is no suspicion that I'm playing cop.

you can probably buy a crown pretty cheap used then fix it up for cheaper then the other two options
Crown would be the cheapest. A good one with 100k miles would be about 4,000$.

forget anyone with a CV though if you do get one you might as well go all the way and put a bike rack on the roof of the car as well.

You getting a jeep would be hilarious. LOL.

My cousin has the Ford Escape, Same model. For about  4-5 years now. I was in it, I loved it. She also said its great on gas and she loves it too.

Also like the Phone Sync it comes with, Pretty awesome. I vote for the Ford Escape.

escape shouldnt even be an option...not only is it pricey its also a family car. i doubt it gets very good mileage either.

escape shouldnt even be an option...not only is it pricey its also a family car. i doubt it gets very good mileage either.
The gas on the Escape is actually pretty good. It has FlexFuel, so it goes a while on a tank of gas.

Ok so
You just recently got your drivers license
And you're looking to buy a car
Why have you been making threads about other people's sucky driving before you've been legally driving?

Everybody hates the guy in the Crown Vic. Don't be that guy.

if i was to buy your crown vic how much would you want?