Client-Sided Lip Sync Add-on/Mouth Animation

Author Topic: Client-Sided Lip Sync Add-on/Mouth Animation  (Read 2392 times)

I saw this thread and...
I wonder, is it possible that someone could make an addon that switches your face decal based on what you type as messages? That way it actually looks like your minifig is talking?
Woah, good idea!
Yes, and you just gave me an idea. This can be very easily done, client-sidedly.
This will be great! If GeneralSkar (topic owner) gave us the faces, we could create a client-side lip sync add-on! ^_^
The way the mouth moves depends on how long the word is and what letters are in it! I really hope this will be made!l

EDIT: GeneralSkar has uploaded the Lip Sync Faces! DOWNLOAD

IDEA IMPROVEMENTS

IDEA
SPAM PROTECTION
some characters should be exempt too, so if someone is spamming hyphens or something it wont do the animation
OR|AND
Option to disable mouth animation on other players
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:44:12 PM by Klocko »

some characters should be exempt too, so if someone is spamming hyphens or something it wont do the animation

Option to disable mouth animation on other players?

Updated the OP. Enjoy!

There's a server-sided limit to how often you can change your avatar, therefore this wouldn't be possible client-sided.

There's a server-sided limit to how often you can change your avatar, therefore this wouldn't be possible client-sided.
Can't we just not send the avatar change request to the server, and change it only on the client?

I'll upload the faces tomorrow, although I'm sure someone could do a better job on them.

If this is possible, it would mean a lot less editing for me :p

I'll upload the faces tomorrow, although I'm sure someone could do a better job on them.

If this is possible, it would mean a lot less editing for me :p
Why are you so lazy to upload it--
He uploaded it, yay.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:45:28 PM by Klocko »

Why are you so lazy to upload it, just a few secs and its on :P
www.mediafire.com
gogo, come on man
I had already shut down my computer as was posting that on my laptop.
Here.