Author Topic: Finished Plasti-Dipping My Car! (Pic)  (Read 3641 times)

What is that inside the chrome?
[im g]http://gyazo.com/a1c5055d6451263228b8e824b31d3c78.png[/img]
I'm confused.
I think it's a pizza box.


Why is it called plasti-dip if you spray it on
I honestly thought there would be a car being dipped in some sort of liquid plastic pool.










...You should laminate your car.

What is that inside the chrome?
[img ]http://gyazo.com/a1c5055d6451263228b8e824b31d3c78.png[/img]
I'm confused.
Cardboard. Rubbery plastic substance+ my radiator is not a good combination.

I mean, when it's dried, is it grippy? I think he means that it will stick to that which it's sprayed very well.
Umm, it can be. I know it can be sprayed onto tools to increase grip.

Why is it called plasti-dip if you spray it on
I honestly thought there would be a car being dipped in some sort of liquid plastic pool.

...You should laminate your car.
Would certainly make washing it easier lol.

Anyway, here is one of the four wheels done. I'm putting everything back on the car and taking the tape off tomorrow. I'll post the finished pic then.


Looks nice! What do you do if it gets a scratch? Is it easy to patch, and could you tell there was a patch job done?


Looks nice. Wouldn't it be easier to take the hubcaps off of the wheels though?

I love when cars look like this, nice work so far.

Looks nice! What do you do if it gets a scratch? Is it easy to patch, and could you tell there was a patch job done?
Plastidip sticks very well, especially if applied properly.  If it's scratched, I have a feeling the best option would be to just scotch up the rest and hit that area with a coat.

Also, used plastidip for the lower tunic on


The actual dip kind, though.  Not the spray.

Can't wait to see what it looks like with the wheels on, Des.  Love me some black rims.

Is this the same as vinyl wrapping?

Is this the same as vinyl wrapping?
Similar, but it's in a can.

Is it possible to use Vinyl sheets and a heat gun to do the same thing?

Similar, but it's in a can.

Is it possible to use Vinyl sheets and a heat gun to do the same thing?
Yeah, i wanted to that to my car to get that flat black. I think it might be easier.

Looks nice! What do you do if it gets a scratch? Is it easy to patch, and could you tell there was a patch job done?
Like Lalam mentioned, I would probably just tape up around the sratch and hit it with a few coats, should look good as new.

Looks nice. Wouldn't it be easier to take the hubcaps off of the wheels though?

I love when cars look like this, nice work so far.
Thanks! Also, my car doesn't have hubcaps, they are full metal rims. So technically to do that I would have to take the tire itself off the rim, and that's a huge pain.

Can't wait to see what it looks like with the wheels on, Des.  Love me some black rims.
Thanks! I'm thinking it will look really nice.

Is it possible to use Vinyl sheets and a heat gun to do the same thing?
Yup, I've seen videos of people doing just that. Yields pretty much the same result.

Finished vehicle!

I'm happy with the way it turned out.


it has a nice look in sections, but overall, it seems a bit...confused. like the whole car isn't pulling in the same direction. maybe the rims?

Looks a lot better, and thank god you left the emblem on the car. Removing the emblem of a car makes it %100 white trash.

it has a nice look in sections, but overall, it seems a bit...confused. like the whole car isn't pulling in the same direction. maybe the rims?
I completely disagree.

While I'm not a huge fan of any vehicle that isn't smaller and sleak, it all seems to fit very well.