The Enola Gay

Author Topic: The Enola Gay  (Read 4440 times)

For reference to those who don't know what the original looked like;

It's not a bad likeness, in reality.
I think one thing that makes a big difference however, which likely couldn't be avoided, is the way the original has a very subtle curve to it, as you travel along the craft.
It's way too light to really show it clearly at your scale in Bricks, which is why yours looks ever so slightly bloated, in that most of it is a perfectly straight tube.

Perhaps if you made it at a larger scale (which would defeat the purpose, as it's at Blockhead scale for Blockhead use), then you could get a better curve in.
But other than that (And the missing symbols on the back side), I think it's pretty good. Well done.

This is very good, nice work.

to the people posting "LOL GAY" ;

seriously.
took the words out of my mouth

Maybe it was because gay meant happy back then?

If anyone had listened to Epic Churros or had bothered to wiki it, it is named after one of the crew's mother.

Enola Gay Tibbets was her name

What I don't understand is, if gay was such a big part of our history (and japan's), then why were the gays frowned upon later? I didn't see the enola straight nuke any japanese!

Pretty sure you don't understand the actual meaning.

Enola Gay is a Boeing B-29 Superfortress bomber, named for Enola Gay Tibbets, mother of the pilot,

Google is your friend, it has NOTHING to do with gay people or being happy.

Pretty sure you don't understand the actual meaning.

Pretty sure you're autistic.

Pretty sure you can shut the forget up.

both of those were uncalled for

Google is your friend, it has NOTHING to do with gay people or being happy.
It's almost as if I didn't say that two posts above you.

Where did that come from?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:36:23 PM by Thé Lord Tony »

Doesn't look gay at all! hehehe

If anyone had listened to Epic Churros or had bothered to wiki it, it is named after one of the crew's mother.

Enola Gay Tibbets was her name
"Happy Mother's day! I dropped a bomb on the japs and killed them all with a plane named after you!"

Pretty sure you can shut the forget up.
Where did that come from?
both of those were uncalled for

not being able to see whether someone is being serious or not is a trait of autism. i was not even trying to insult him at all.