Author Topic: Do you think internet friends count as "real" friends?  (Read 5256 times)

You would most likely have a closer friendship if there was real-life interaction, but that doesn't mean you aren't friends still. I mean one of my friends has a 'girlfriend' that he has almost never actually been able to interact with other than over video chats or on xbox live, but they still consider themselves to be in a relationship. I mean I think it's bullstuff, but whatever floats their boats.

Maybe not for some people. But it's the thought that counts for me, so it works. Plus, none of my real-life friends houses are within even a 10 minute drive.

About 99.9% of the Internet is better than 100% of friends IRL so yeah I suppose.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:07:49 AM by Maxwell23461 »

Depends on how much I get to know them.

I've known my best internet buddies for 4-5 years now and i consider them real friends.

It seems really anti-social to say everybody in real life just sucks. I wouldn't count any friends on the internet as like super close friends, they're friends but not as close as the people I know in real life.

uh no not really

a relationship where you actually SEE the person, talk to their face, help them out when they need it, etc is way more meaningful than one over a computer

In a way, yes and in a way, no.
I've formed very strong bonds with friends over the Internet, but it isn't the same as having friends you can actually meet.

You're different on the internet. It's not actually 'real' companionship.

But when you think of the person you talk to/interact with the most over the internet you don't consider them to just be an acquaintance, you think of them as a friend

I consider online peeps friends but just not on the same level as my irl friends I guess.

It seems really anti-social to say everybody in real life just sucks.
this

Not really, but there at exceptions.

I agree with the comic on the first page.

I'm a real person, therefore, I can be a real friend.

You would most likely have a closer friendship if there was real-life interaction, but that doesn't mean you aren't friends still. I mean one of my friends has a 'girlfriend' that he has almost never actually been able to interact with other than over video chats or on xbox live, but they still consider themselves to be in a relationship. I mean I think it's bullstuff, but whatever floats their boats.
Internet is a real-life interaction. Cause the internet exists in real-life.