Author Topic: Return To Blockland 2.0 (Talk)  (Read 18276 times)

This mite be all well and good but if the in-game add-on menu etc is RTB website only I really don't see a point in downloading it myself.

Owch, looks like we'll be losing the support of one of our most valued users!

I for one will definatly downloading it.

Couldn't you link it up with BL forums too? I know Badspot has close ties with Mocheeze and you. I'm sure you or he could do some reformatting so it could work with both.

If not, then I am satisfied with just an RTB one.

High 5!

Couldn't you link it up with BL forums too? I know Badspot has close ties with Mocheeze and you. I'm sure you or he could do some reformatting so it could work with both.

If not, then I am satisfied with just an RTB one.
yes, and if they dont, im not using RTB

What about the GUI downloading system, RSS feed viewer, and IRC chat communication you will be missing out on? Actually, we might be using a new system in place of IRC, but I won't say anymore.

There is no way that the RTB System could hook up with the add-ons on this forum, the system would not be able to find the files it needs to download or the screenshots etc. plus the method of packing mods will work entirely differently for the rtb system so that idiots can't embed files such as:

add-ons/add-ons/add-ons/shapes/add-ons/shapes/base/data/shapes/cow.dts

And instead it will just be one zip file.

Can we get some specifics on what will be required from modders to make their add-ons compatible with your system?

Can we get some specifics on what will be required from modders to make their add-ons compatible with your system?

Probably best to wait till release....parameters may change by then.

There should be thread topics about rtb 2.0 on this website and the rtb website. The rtb's website's topics should be linked to the ones on this website if they are made, keeping things more (hopefully) organized.

I like the sound of RTB 2.0, but maybe some stuff that cant be downloaded (such as bricks) could be implemented into the Ingame addon downloads.

Maybe it would have MORE types of addon topic-thingies such as ice cream addons.

There should be a standard set, all applicable mods should look like this, just an example:

ZIP Folder:
-sound files
-shapes folder
-script file (Add-On.cs)
-mod data (Contains screenshot(s) and description)

And so on.

Should be nice to have mods organised in neat .ZIP folders instead of spewed out across multiple folders in hundreds of parts.

Good for deletion too :)

I also think there should be an action button like v0002 RTB.