Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Online -Closed Beta Sign-ups!!-  (Read 4253 times)

Elder Scrolls Online
Click Picture for Video

Interview with ESO developer from Zenimax  (~22 minutes)

Description of the Alliances in the ESO  (~5.5 minutes)

Beta signups have started, get going!

Literally, today.  They started today, on the 22nd.  Go go go!  Be the first!

Misconceptions Debunked!

Podcast!

Beta FAQ!

Increase your chances at getting in!  (Don't lie, these are what they're looking for atm though.)

-European players, specifically French and German.
-People who've beta tested other games.  Bonus if those games were MMOs.
-People who have access to media coverage, etc News Journalists, Magazine Writers, etc.
-Game Developers as they can see problems in game design better than most.
-People with High-End machines.
-Preferably PC machines.  Macs will be supported later, but no word on Linux or any others.  
     Mac isn't supported currently, so being a Mac user won't get you in fast.
-Fill out every section as best as you can.  Missing spots will lower your rating, despite the "Rating Bar".
-Write them a compelling paragraph describing why they should pick you.  No typos, people.  Make the presentation count.

All this info is what I gathered (and personally suggest) based off of the Podcasts and previous MMO betas.

Article with music examples from the previous games.

Giant Bomb - Forumers complain about the music.

Game Informer - Team discussion about auto-generated music

This guy played Alpha, and he has some notes that he took to tell us all!  How sweeeet!

...loving watch it.  You need to.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:32:24 AM by Jerkface »

I've just signed up and I only got a above average rate to be picked, if I do in fact get picked I'm hoping others from here will be too so I can finally make the Argonian/Nord Titty Brigade.

I just signed up as well, and got an above average rate too.

I just signed up as well, and got an above average rate too.

I've beta tested several MMOs in the past, and that gave me a slightly higher than average rating.

I'm not a newscaster though, which really pushes your rating up there, lol.  I didn't lie, sadly...  so, I left that checkbox empty.

Yeah I was trying to be as honest as possible hahaha

When I unchecked the newscaster one it didn't change anything, lol.

You know it matters... you know.

Listen to the podcast.  They want those types of people for the first few beta tests.

You know it matters... you know.

Listen to the podcast.  They want those types of people for the first few beta tests.

Of course I know it matters, but if I were a game developer I'd prefer a die hard fan (Cough totally me cough) over some newscaster, however if it's a combination of the two then stuff son.

stuff.

Updated with some suggestions to get in faster.  Most are just what they're looking for... so, those ones can't be helped.

I signed up a few hours ago. Excited for results.

Wait, the sign-ups are done?! D:

I signed up with everything I could. No lieing. Got above average so I guess I wont be getting in anytime soon.

I signed up with everything I could. No lieing. Got above average so I guess I wont be getting in anytime soon.
You're not 18

Wait, the sign-ups are done?! D:

Nope, they just started.

Closed Beta means you can only play if you are chosen.

Open Beta will take a while to happen, as they said it'll be Open Beta only right before the game is launched to test only massive PvP battles and the like.