Author Topic: How to search the forum (Read this before asking a Torque Script question)  (Read 2402 times)

What's up everyone. I'll be showing you how to use the forum's search feature to help you with your scripts.
Let's say we want to find out how to shoot raycasts. First click the Search button at the top of the forums and follow the steps below.

1. Untick the "check all box" highlighted in the picture below.

2. Click the "Choose a board to search in, or search all" button/text highlighted in the picture below

3. Now select the coding help check box highlighted in the picture below

Once you've done that, in the search box, type raycast. Anything to do with raycasts in the coding help section should come up. If you don't know how it works, i'm sure you can find a topic explaining so. If you don't know the arguments, you will definitely find a topic which has the correct arguments. That's pretty much it, hopefully this helps some newbies out and stops a lot of the same questions from being asked over and over again.

Don't know a function for doing something? Before creating a new thread, you should view this topic: TOPIC

I once wanted to make a topic like this.
well done.

whats a function?!?!?!?!?!!

The only problem is that the search function is so broken on these forums that 95% of the time, you will never find what you are looking for. It takes so much more effort to search and actually find the topic you're looking for rather than making a new topic all together.

The only problem is that the search function is so broken on these forums that 95% of the time, you will never find what you are looking for. It takes so much more effort to search and actually find the topic you're looking for rather than making a new topic all together.

Every time I couldn't quite remember the results for a function, I could always find the arguments within two results just by searching for the function name.

Yeah, what port said. You must be doing something wrong.

yeah this is the biggest pile of regurgitated bull crap I keep hearing on these forums.

No offence to you directly death, but that statement is false. search rarely fails me in coding help.

... or anywhere else for that matter. It ain't no Google, but it works just fine.

yeah this is the biggest pile of regurgitated bull crap I keep hearing on these forums.

No offence to you directly death, but that statement is false. search rarely fails me in coding help.

... or anywhere else for that matter. It ain't no Google, but it works just fine.
I honestly might just be being too specific, but if I'm trying to find a specific topic by typing in the title, it never works for me. I've just ended up giving up on it and either figure it out myself, ask others, or as a last resort, make a new topic.