Author Topic: For...the love....of pie...  (Read 6796 times)

I must say that despite that, you are definitely one of the smarter forum people. And we need all of you that we can get.

lol am i smart? im still drawn to discuss in people's drama.

that isnt really a good thing i would think

You own your own business Bisjac, you are.

I used to suck at building. (I'm still mediocre though) and to fix that, I just started building random stuff in single player. I only recently started posting my builds in the gallery when I was satisfied with my building skill. From what I've looked at in the gallery, BUILDING SKILL EARNS RESPECT! It is a building game after all.

IDEA:

Take your advice, compose and add to my
"Major Guide for N00bs: Experience from one of your own."

I think my problem is I try to take everything from a serious outlook or a non-serious outlook (both times I'im too far on the scale). Also, I do belong in the servers, its mainly when a small incident occurs that it escalates. Usually most small incidents for non-noobs don't escalate, but for noobs they do. Please correct me if that is wrong.

I've tried just building (Kicked and banned for spam. I don't spam, they just think it is)
the interperatation of spam lies with the admin. not with you.. unless youa re the admin

*starts building in Blockland*

DANG THIS SUCKS! It looks like.. SPAM!??! I'M GONNA BAN THE GUY WHO DID THIS... I.D. ###? Heh Heh Heh...

*self banned*

*smashes monitor*

Build in single player, most servers suck anyways and no one even builds in them.

As for your building problem, it's hard to be appreciated for your work when rating is usually done with the first impression. If you spent days to build something truly awesome and took a couple bad pics in your haste, you will get a low score. It's also difficult when standards are stupidly high. Your building skills will be compared USSR building skills (example) which produce about the most impressive builds out there (details in details inside more details, the loving cracks in the walls are finely tuned details for crying out loud). I've seen some impressive builds blown out of the water because they were overshadowed by some other build.

Of course, this is a two problem conundrum, another possible problem is that your builds simply don't shape up to be anything special to begin with. Great builds require huge amounts of time to create, most of this time is spent before the actual building process. That time is practice and an assembly of ideas you get from building other things. You might even have experience outside Blockland, building with real lego/megablock bricks. Building could be easily compared to art, you aren't born an artist, you will have to draw before you can start painting.

As you get better and more intricate in your builds, you will also be encouraged to try different things in your builds. Instead of using 6 x 6 x 5 walls in your builds, you might start building walls with introduced patterns, creating carpets on the floors, making eye-catching objects etc.
The point is, you will become creative in your work, and that's when truly amazing builds are born, small or large.

I fit in because I make stuff. Like cans. To shoot.

You don't. L3arn 2 m0d?

Ace

You don't. L3arn 2 m0d?

*sigh*

Bushi, Bushi, Bushi...

C'mon, you know I can't mod for stuff, and I fit in just fine.

You don't. L3arn 2 m0d?

I tried to mod once. I tried my mod, and all I had were the words "YOU SUCK ASS" om my screen. So you see I dont do that anymore

You don't. L3arn 2 m0d?

I tried to mod once. I tried my mod, and all I had were the words "YOU SUCK ASS" om my screen. So you see I dont do that anymore
lol, i just joined......and that was that....noone ever called me a noob, they accepted me as one of there own.... *cries*

Try to be more sophisticated and philosophical.
Also, use big words.

Let me explain the internet: If your a noob, you will never stop being a noob. If your a newb, people classify you as a noob and you always stay a newb unless you become a noob. If your neither a noob or a newb you can branch out, unless you become a noob/newb, then your screwed.
WRONG. You have to stop acting like one though. (I'm not saying you do, I don't know who you are.