0 (0%)
WX-78
5 (19.2%)
Wes
1 (3.8%)
Maxwell
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Don't Starve Thread - Strange New Powers  (Read 23676 times)

I've gotten to day 28 as wolfgang and 29 as wendy, on 12 as wickerbottom atm

Is it bad that I was so lonely in this game I made a gnome named Hanson and used him as my only companionship

To the point where I started to fabricate personality traits like a drinking habit and a short-fuse temper about him
and take him places to stave off loneliness
and once died looked for another gnome

i gave my gnome to the pig king

i gave my gnome to the pig king
heartless

I never survive more than 10 days, as I usually start digging graves by the 5th day.
Currently on day 6 with WX, surving on assloads of berries and a crock pot.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:23:20 PM by Cargøn »

heartless

I never survive more than 10 days, as I usually start digging graves by the 5th day.
I found him in a random structure

My longest life was 62 days as Wilson, or whoever the main character is. I ran out of food/healing items, attacked a pig to get something, he 1-hit me. Then I froze on respawn.

God I love my current game. Day 20 almost, I've got a berry farm producing full amounts of berries, working on a bee box, have spider nests nearby, survived treeguard before I set up a base, winter hat, birdcage, and all that stuff.

If I die during Winter, I will shoot my laptop.

You better have an alternative food source.
Crops don't grow during the winter.

Is this binding of isaac v2?

You better have an alternative food source.
Crops don't grow during the winter.
Berries do. Crop farms don't.

I have a birdcage and some spider nests nearby. Pig village close-ish, and I could if needed travel to get some beefalo beef.

Oh.
My.
God.
This megathread gave me a smile for half a hour.
On a related note.
I have troubles with winter don't know what food to stock and how to beat the deerclops(I can't find the world swamp in time to get reeds for fire darts my only hope is get a lot of butterfly wings a few armors and tentacle spikes(if i can find tentacles) and A LOT of pigs).

OH by the way the easyest way to survive winter if to leave 1 nearby spider den a live and kill all others then use the silk for bee boxxes then the rest save up for a winter koalphent vest(you will have 1 or 2 days to hunt one down before the cold starts to freeze your nipples off)when the nest is level 3 destory it and place it near your base place a fire pit near it and every night kill them for silk and monster meat destorying the nest whenever its level 3 and replacing it also get 12 gold before you make a base why?
For a science machine break it down once you make alchmeny engine then craft a bird cage and unless your wx-78 throw all unwanted monster meat and spoiled meats in there(not rotten doesn't work with rotten!)and stale if you want in there for eggs this works in winter so you food source to survive hunger.
As for deer clops pigs(and if your lucky and find a world swamp(huge swamps)and make a bunch of fire darts be careful if he burns to death you don't get his loot)and 2  marble suits or 3 and 3 or 4 log suits and 3 football helments and a 2 or 3 tentacle spikes and quite a bit of bandaids or butterfly wings.

Deerclops is the only thing that scares the stuff out of me.

Berries do. Crop farms don't.

I have a birdcage and some spider nests nearby. Pig village close-ish, and I could if needed travel to get some beefalo beef.
berries don't

Deerclops is the only thing that scares the stuff out of me.
i haven't seen one yet o.o

berries don't
also yeah I don't think berries do, I had a bunch of bushes and during the winter they didn't grow back at all

Wow, this one trap had a chest surrounded by wooden walls, I opened the chest and then the walls and chest just burst info flame.

I respawned at a touch stone thing, then went back and found a fire staff or rod or whatever. It was worth it I think.