Author Topic: Does anyone own Ultimate Unwrap 3D?  (Read 6428 times)

You can import/export DTS and DSQ models+animations with it but the full version costs $50. Pro and SE versions both work for Torque exporting.

Anyone want to work with me for the betterment of the community and export every Blockland model and animation as a resource for modders? I could put together different types of resource kits for modelers, animators, movie makers, etc. but I can't do it without that program and I am not willing to invest $50 into this project especially when the exporting is a quite straightforward procedure.

"The demo is fully functional (except for saving), works with all third party plugins, includes examples and help documentation."

I don't know how important "saving" is for that purpose so excuse me if I sound like a complete dolt

"The demo is fully functional (except for saving), works with all third party plugins, includes examples and help documentation."

I don't know how important "saving" is for that purpose so excuse me if I sound like a complete dolt
Of course I tried the demo before making this thread. You cannot save any content from the program to any file. Exporting counts as such.

use shaper, and convert everything to objects

-snip-
didn't read rules :C
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:38:09 PM by MARBLE MAN »

torrenting and serials.ws is always an option if it isn't against your morals
don't break your morals if you don't want to torrent..
reported

reported
As far as I can tell, Shaper is no longer commercially available and the original website for it http://www.inversesoftware.com.au is blank.  I'm going to allow this.  Although as usual, there is risk associated with downloading and running executables from untrusted sources. 

I'm pretty sure Demian already tried Shaper before making this thread as well.

meh, I guess purchasing it is the only way left..

Shaper does not export animations which is the entire point.

Shaper is not Ultimate Unwrap 3D

That program is unable to import/export .blend files, useless

That program is unable to import/export .blend files, useless
However, I'm sure Blender can export something it can import, and it can export something Blender can import.

This is the way every modeling program is.
Milkshape can't export blend
Blender can't export ms3d

And so on.

Most times after chain converting through more than 2 file types half your work is lost.

Most times after chain converting through more than 2 file types half your work is lost.
And that's the way it was always done when trying to move a file from one modeling program to another.

I've never had problems with this and I've never heard of anyone having problems with this.