Author Topic: iOS Jailbreak/Android Rooting Megathread - Next JB coming @ iOS 7.0  (Read 29281 times)

This issue is due to the new jailbreak, essentially. Because hundreds of thousands of new users are now jailbroken and surfing Cydia and downloading from repositories, the servers are under crazy amounts of stress. You just have to wait a while for activity to die down. Sucks, I know, but Cydia didn't really prepare for this much new traffic. Saurik posted a picture of traffic increasing from less than 100,000 downloads to 5+ million. In a day.

Just be patient, the problem isn't with your device.
Ah, okay. At first I was thinking that it was maybe because the programs aren't compatible with iOS 6 yet, but I guess that makes sense then. Guess I'll just have to be patient :/

Might jailbreak it in a bit. I did it before on iOS 6, and it worked well enough for a while until I had to reset my iPhone to factory settings for a reason I can't recall at the moment.
What are some of the best Cydia apps other than Winterboard?

I'm going to put a list together of my favorites, but if you look through the reddit page for jailbreaking (that i linked to in the OP), there are lots of posts about cool tweaks and awesome themes.

I'd take time to post a bunch of good ones, but I'm busy enough just trying to get tweaks installed.

nevermind

that ninja edit aside, jailbroken.

can you add android rooting?

technically they're the same thing.

i can provide information if you want.


i had some problems jailbreaking
my ipod slowed down to near unusable speeds

above user probably had an a3 processor

can you add android rooting?

technically they're the same thing.

i can provide information if you want.

If you want to PM me android rooting information, I'll format it into the OP and expand the megathread to include Rooting discussion. Thanks!

i had some problems jailbreaking
my ipod slowed down to near unusable speeds

What generation ipod do you have?

Nice! Time to patch my iPod to 6.1

Does jailbreaking slow the device down?

What generation ipod do you have?
4th? its the second to newest

Does jailbreaking slow the device down?
If anything it speeds it up

Jail Breaking my iPod Touch 4th gen reduced battery by a ton. :/ Hopefully doesn't on iPhone 5.

Evasi0n is blocked at my school...