Author Topic: iOS Jailbreak/Android Rooting Megathread - Next JB coming @ iOS 7.0  (Read 22619 times)

Need to jailbreak an iPhone 4 running 6.0 or 6.0.1, can't remember. Will jailbreaking let me use a sim card different to the provider my phone is locked to - It's locked to Orange and I want to use it with Vodafone?

What program do I use for this?

Oh cool, I might do this later

Need to jailbreak an iPhone 4 running 6.0 or 6.0.1, can't remember. Will jailbreaking let me use a sim card different to the provider my phone is locked to - It's locked to Orange and I want to use it with Vodafone?

What program do I use for this?

Unlocking phones is a process under debate right now, legality-wise, so I'll advise you to google about unlocking a device. I've done it in the past, I don't remember the name of the app I used.

unlocking phones is like torrenting - it can be used for illegal purposes but it wasn't made to do so

unlocking phones is like torrenting - it can be used for illegal purposes but it wasn't made to do so

Unlocking is illegal. Period. In the US.

Just jail broke my iPod, this stuff is cool
Are there any free colour keyboard apps out there?

Oh I wasn't aware of that, maybe I'll just stick to Orange then. I'm in the UK though, don't think it's illegal here.

Unlocking is illegal. Period. In the US.
according to this article, phones purchased before the law went into effect do not fall under said law.

Oh I wasn't aware of that, maybe I'll just stick to Orange then. I'm in the UK though, don't think it's illegal here.

Go for it. I've unlocked before it was illegal, and it was great.

according to this article, phones purchased before the law went into effect do not fall under said law.

Valid article, thank you for that. There you go kids, if you bought your phone a little while back (before the law went into effect), feel free unlock. I'm still going to leave it up to you to find unlocking apps.

The tweak used to unlock jailbroken iPhones doesn't work anymore, however you can pay people around $20 to factory unlock your phone without even sending it to them. I did this with T-Mobile and it worked great, not sure about services in Europe though.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=unlock+iphone&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=unlock+iphone+service&_sacat=0

I posted information on Android rooting, thanks to contributions from Trymos. Cheers! I'll post screenshots of my springboard a little later

Nothing too interesting, but I can't seem to find a good theme for the iPod Touch 5th Gen

need to root samsung admire.

Add a battery percentage. That graphic is really off and displays it as if you have more battery.