RTB Development

Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 34391 times)

There used to be a music section but it was removed.
Why?

a nice feature would be the ability to invite without telling them the password
forsay,
>player1 hosts server with password
>player1 invites player2 via rtb
>player2 accepts the invite without having to be told the password, the data is in the invite and automatically entered

Ok ... To make this more simple for you, imagine the following scenario:

1. User joins a server with a password.
2. User invites a friend.
3. Server admin changes the password.
4. Friend tries to join.

That's a perfectly legitimate scenario which just cannot work with what you're proposing.

Only the server host's invites should come with the password.

Only the server host's invites should come with the password.
or if they aren't the host, you have to type the password to invite them

but what if you accidentally invite someone rather than click something like chat? allow the ability to send a password ticket too so that they can still join

Please add a music section to RTB add-ons so that users can easily download music in-game. This should be fairly easy to make, so please add it.

This, so much.

There are a couple of reasons I took music submission off RTB:

• They function entirely differently to all other add-ons (they have to be downloaded to the Music folder instead of a zip file going to the Add-Ons folder) which means a lot of extra code changes to make it work.
  • People wanted to upload multiple bits of music into one submission which meant a lot of db and interface changes to support.
  • People tended to upload full tracks which exposed me to copyright and licensing issues which I don't want to deal with.
  • People uploaded music for the sake of having submitted things which led to people just uploading albums of music at a very high bitrate which meant I was storing all this crappy music and nobody was downloading it.

All in all, music just isn't worth the effort for me.

The RTB website seems particularly slow for me today, pages are loading a lot longer than normal. Is someone DDOS'ing RTB?
Edit: It's working a lot faster now.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 02:02:59 PM by alex dude »

Bit sad that Buffet isn't here yet.

hey ephi could you respond to my PM's