Author Topic: Client > BottomPrint/CenterPrint  (Read 1684 times)

Where do I locate this code in the Blockland folder?  Which event would it be?

It's not like there are "default Blockland events . zip" sitting right there. :(

It would be in the encoded game scripts, we cannot access them directly.

It's part of one of the .cs.dso files in the base folder and if you want to see the code you have to ask badspot about it or decompile the dso files, I can tell you both is not worth trying because it doesn't work.

However all these events do is this:
Code: [Select]
centerprintclient(%client,%message,%time);
bottomprintclient(%client,%message,%time,%thing);

Thanks guys.  I'm assuming that those codes will work if used for a separate add-on then.

It's part of one of the .cs.dso files in the base folder and if you want to see the code you have to ask badspot about it or decompile the dso files, I can tell you both is not worth trying because it doesn't work.

However all these events do is this:
centerprintclient(%client,%message,%time);
bottomprintclient(%client,%message,%time,%thing);
It's just CenterPrint and BottomPrint. %thing determines whether you have that box around the bottom print.

Well, I needed an add-on adding extra screen print locations, but if the file is encrypted like that, then I can't find anything to look at and edit.

I can't script and I haven't even attempted to learn how.

Well, I needed an add-on adding extra screen print locations, but if the file is encrypted like that, then I can't find anything to look at and edit.

I can't script and I haven't even attempted to learn how.
The "prints" on the game hud are all GUI related, in order to create more of them you will need to modify the playGui to have a place that accepts text via a clientCmd command.

It's pretty unconventional, it requires a client mod and a server mod to work together.

The "prints" on the game hud are all GUI related, in order to create more of them you will need to modify the playGui to have a place that accepts text via a clientCmd command.

It's pretty unconventional, it requires a client mod and a server mod to work together.

Ouch.

...but it IS possible, no?

I need to start offering cash for people to make me simple mods like this.

It's just CenterPrint and BottomPrint. %thing determines whether you have that box around the bottom print.
Oooo finally I know what it does

I think it came in the last one or two BL updates.