Blockland is asking for my key every other time I start the game.

Author Topic: Blockland is asking for my key every other time I start the game.  (Read 1433 times)

I'm not sure what's going on, but it's starting to annoy me a bit.
My local IP is always 192.168.1.102, so that can't be it.

I am using Arch Linux with Wine 1.5.23, and it use to never do this. It's been doing this for probably, a month or 2 now?
Not sure how posting the console.log could help but, meh.

I have no clue why this is happening, did you delete something in the files?

I have no clue why this is happening, did you delete something in the files?
Everything that should be there is there.

Do you change networks or turn your network adapter off every now and then?

I think it has to do with some of the files being selected as "read-only". If youve unselected them and it doesnt work try re-installing Blockland (back up all of your saves, addons, etc.)

Delete key.dat and let Blockland re-create it.

I think this happens on my mac also, I'm not sure if it happens every other time but it happens when I switch from dedi to normal.

Do you change networks or turn your network adapter off every now and then?
Nope.
Is key.dat read-only?
Nope.
I think it has to do with some of the files being selected as "read-only". If youve unselected them and it doesnt work try re-installing Blockland (back up all of your saves, addons, etc.)

I've never done this to any of the files.
Delete key.dat and let Blockland re-create it.
Tried that.

If you are using wireless internet do you disconnect from it a lot?

This happened to me once because I kept putting my key in incorrectly (by one letter).
It said it was correct and let me connect to my account, but upon re-opening the game it would boot me back out.

Make sure your putting your key in 100% correctly.

It is not a permission issue. This is happening on my mac and running chmod with the proper read/write args doesn't work.

If you are using wireless internet do you disconnect from it a lot?
My local IP is always 192.168.1.102

Is your internet always connected? (modem, not your computer)
If not, that might be it.

Is your internet always connected? (modem, not your computer)
If not, that might be it.
It is.
This happened to me once because I kept putting my key in incorrectly (by one letter).
It said it was correct and let me connect to my account, but upon re-opening the game it would boot me back out.

Make sure your putting your key in 100% correctly.
I'm copy-pasting directly from a key recovery email.