What if Badspot dies?

Author Topic: What if Badspot dies?  (Read 873 times)

Plz no

/title nubs

What would you do?

Bisjac will then own Blockland.

I feel like this question is asked once a week

please guys, just stop already

Eric's successor, Rotondo or Kompressor will take over, some random update will be released for the memory of Badspot, people will freak out and the game's development will change course due to the leader changing and all.

He cloned himself in his laboratory.

I feel like this question is asked once a week

please guys, just stop already

Probably it is located on his will.

If he doesn't have one, Lego will step up and buy it from the Copyright or something, or wait 70 years.

Well let's make sure that doesn't happen by changing his datablock

Blockland would either:

A: Ephialtes or Kompressor will take over.
B: Ephialtes or Kompressor sell blockland to the highest bidder.
C: Roblox buys out Blockland, changes everything and calls it Roblox 2.0 Super fun FREE buildin' 2 the X-TREME!!!!!!!!!!!
D: Blockland will die out.

Seen it happen with a small online indie game community I was a part of before. To make a prediction from what I remember of that: First there's a gigantic RIP thread. Community tries to get all the information they can about the few who know anything about it at all (Though this is parallel with anything pertaining to Blockland's future, see: v9, v11, v21). Everyone does stuff - builds, add-ons, videos - as a tribute to Badspot.

After that, community begins to drift apart, as no progress is made on the game. Moderators go do their own thing, forum members go find something else to spend their time on, though a few stick around to try hopelessly to keep the community alive. I imagine specific in our case, add-on devs that stick around would try to create large scale projects to try and revive the community with themselves in a position of respect, but the game would die off pretty soon when key distribution breaks or gets shut down.

Drama forum would probably dry up a bit as the forum develops an aura of melancholia. Much further down the line is anybody's guess. The Blocklanders Steam group would probably retain most of its members - even though people would drift away from the forums, they probably wouldn't purposely sever ties to the community. Going back to big-project add-on devs, sometime after it's over someone will probably round up every member they can still contact and announce another huge revival mod - this already happens with Age of Time.  Of course the mod dies too.

tl;dr community collapses, people cling to it, they fail, everyone goes home,

Edit: Got sidetracked and forgot I wanted to post this as the end of my tl;dr before I hit post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hZrXdJ-ibo
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:32:49 PM by -Jetz- »

Seen it happen with a small online indie game community I was a part of before. To make a prediction from what I remember of that: First there's a gigantic RIP thread. Community tries to get all the information they can about the few who know anything about it at all (Though this is parallel with anything pertaining to Blockland's future, see: v9, v11, v21). Everyone does stuff - builds, add-ons, videos - as a tribute to Badspot.

After that, community begins to drift apart, as no progress is made on the game. Moderators go do their own thing, forum members go find something else to spend their time on, though a few stick around to try hopelessly to keep the community alive. I imagine specific in our case, add-on devs that stick around would try to create large scale projects to try and revive the community with themselves in a position of respect, but the game would die off pretty soon when key distribution breaks or gets shut down.

Drama forum would probably dry up a bit as the forum develops an aura of melancholia. Much further down the line is anybody's guess. The Blocklanders Steam group would probably retain most of its members - even though people would drift away from the forums, they probably wouldn't purposely sever ties to the community. Going back to big-project add-on devs, sometime after it's over someone will probably round up every member they can still contact and announce another huge revival mod - this already happens with Age of Time.  Of course the mod dies too.

tl;dr community collapses, people cling to it, they fail, everyone goes home,

If this happens, I could probably go back to Minecraft and if im REALLLLLLY desperate ROBLOX.

we have kompressor lord of shadows

Blockland would either:

A: Ephialtes or Kompressor will take over.
B: Ephialtes or Kompressor sell blockland to the highest bidder.
C: Roblox buys out Blockland, changes everything and calls it Roblox 2.0 Super fun FREE buildin' 2 the X-TREME!!!!!!!!!!!
D: Blockland will die out.