Author Topic: Gaming Computer for Blockland  (Read 2336 times)

Would mew[s/] be willing to invest in a desktop computer instead? That way you can get a lot more power for the same price.
Silly script I forgot to turn off.

^Double fail

I really wish we could edit in help.

I would much rather have a laptop.

forget. I found a good laptop that had a better CPU and GPU that was actually cheaper on bestbuy but then my phone decided to have a loving seizure and never posted it.

Anyway you will probably get a better answer if you go to the computer megathread in the off topic board

-More RAM

-Dedicated GPU
That PC is part of AMD's APU line, the processor and graphics are built in. However it is much better than intel.

@OP you should take this to this website http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/
They are very helpful and specialize in this type of this

As of right now, the computer I am buying is going to be this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+ENVY+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+6GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/6914563.p?id=1218813786446&skuId=6914563

If you can find one (from Best Buy) that is...

>cheaper, but just as good as this one
>the same price (or near) and better than this one
>cheaper, but even better than this one

...then I will reconsider.

Preferences:
>No Intel
>Laptop
>Around $700 or less (with tax)
>From Best Buy
>Black
>AMD graphics

Preferences:
>No Intel Why
>Laptop
>From Best Buy Why
>Black
>AMD graphics Why

Preferences:
>No Intel Why
>Laptop
>From Best Buy Why
>Black
>AMD graphics Why

1) Can't see shaders in some cases, don't want to take a chance, and bad experience with Intel
2) There's one 2 minutes away from my house and they have been useful in the past
3) Why not

that laptop will nog give you good performance in most games including blockland
it will NOT run blockland at max or high, probably barely on medium.
there are no laptops i could find at bestbuy that will offer that kind of performance under 800 bucks

i suggest going the desktop way, or even better, the custom desktop. For 600 bucks you can make a fantastic custom computer.

that laptop will nog give you good performance in most games including blockland
it will NOT run blockland at max or high, probably barely on medium.
there are no laptops i could find at bestbuy that will offer that kind of performance under 800 bucks

i suggest going the desktop way, or even better, the custom desktop. For 600 bucks you can make a fantastic custom computer.
Are you sure? I have been told otherwise by the people at Geek Squad and Best Buy.

Alright, what about this:

How much would it cost for me to get a gaming computer that can run Blockland and Minecraft well? As in, in Blockland I can see shaders on at least medium or high and see up to 25k bricks without much lag and in Minecraft I can use Normal or even far view distance without too much lag.

This computer can either be a desktop or a laptop, as long as it runs both of these games well. This is as far as I can go.

Being that I prefer a laptop, does anyone here have a gaming laptop that runs both of these games nicely? If so, please post a link to where I can see it and make sure it's at the most $700.

Seriously, anything is better than what I have now. With my current laptop, in Blockland my view distance must always be below 200, I can't see shaders, and I can only view up to 8k bricks without lagging. I can't play Minecraft without lag or choppiness. I have tried turning all settings on low and using optifine and it is STILL choppy.

Are you sure? I have been told otherwise by the people at Geek Squad and Best Buy.
their job is to sell the products, they will tell anything to get those items sold

-snip-
Just asking, are you willing to assemble a desktop yourself? Making a custom desktop can save you a lot of money. Or do you want to buy an already assembled computer, which would probably have a bit less power?

Just asking, are you willing to assemble a desktop yourself? Making a custom desktop can save you a lot of money. Or do you want to buy an already assembled computer, which would probably have a bit less power?
(I am not considering building my own computer so don't even mention that)
Sorry, I should have made that clearer, but yeah, I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to computers. I would be better off just buying an already assembled computer.