Coolest playable race?

Human
Avian
Apex
Floran
Hylotl
Glitch
Novakid

Author Topic: Starbound Megathread - Version 1.3.2  (Read 788414 times)

not to mention they were implemented as an afterthought (stretch goal) and inspired by a community mod which actually defined them as loreless forgets that don't have any history ( http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/meet-the-novakid.16712/ ) which was in turn more or less ripped off from another community mod with a lot of actual work put into it, with lore and everything ( http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/meet-the-anodynes.16705/ )

tl;dr they were bad from the ground up

if they actually wanted to put in the effort, they could make the novakids less forgety by making them a rare occurence on planets (say, camping, or as bandits, w/e), giving them a few special quests, building them a lore from what the /other/ races know about them, etc; this won't happen because chucklefish is probably perfectly ok with novakids as is
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:28:28 AM by Tudoreleu »

novakids are my new favourite race tbh

I love cowboy gear

that's what really sucks; the novakid have the potential to be a really cool race, i mean god damn, space cowboys made out of loving plasma

it's just that chucklefish doesnt like effort

game can have pretty boring generation sometimes
but other times

all underground

and then this happened

Surf Or Die 2: Lava Wave

not to mention they were implemented as an afterthought (stretch goal) and inspired by a community mod which actually defined them as loreless forgets that don't have any history ( http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/meet-the-novakid.16712/ ) which was in turn more or less ripped off from another community mod with a lot of actual work put into it, with lore and everything ( http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/meet-the-anodynes.16705/ )

tl;dr they were bad from the ground up

if they actually wanted to put in the effort, they could make the novakids less forgety by making them a rare occurence on planets (say, camping, or as bandits, w/e), giving them a few special quests, building them a lore from what the /other/ races know about them, etc; this won't happen because chucklefish is probably perfectly ok with novakids as is
this is why i eventually grew to dislike playing as a novakid - you're supposed to be a cool ass nomadic star guy with a cowboy heritage occasionally shooting other cowboys, but there's literally no lore or backstory to you and as far as chucklefish is concerned you're the last loving star guy in the world (bar colonies and multiplayer)

plus if they're so bent on being nomads how the forget did they wind up enrolled into the protectorate at the start of the game ???  chucklefish fix your stuff pls

I can agree with what you all said.
I hope to see this fixed at some point (rather sooner than later).
For now i will have to do with my own town filled with novakids who get invited over by the bar(wo)mans.

On that note, what do you guys think the style of cities/villages/towns would be for Novakids?
I mean, you could argue classic western (wooden houses and stuff) but i think a more steampunk-ish western would be slightly better.
I mean, the armor has some more futuristic pieces in and even the glitch have a bit of technology hidden in their architecture here and there (i guess you could blame them being robots).
I found it really hard to think of a good design for the buildings in my novakid town and even now while i am building it i sometimes doubt if this is really novakid's style.

this game has potential but i loving hate chuckleforget both personally and as a company
god damnit stop being so lazy you pricks

further lazyness: the novakid don't have a main quest mission even though their **face is on the loving ark gate**

(also, why is there an eight slot for a race head on the ark gate? forget if anyone knows)

(also, why is there an eight slot for a race head on the ark gate? forget if anyone knows)

The penguins.

It's been the penguins this whole time.

Nobody believes me.

aren't chuckleforgets the one who banned anybody criticizing them on their forum

aren't chuckleforgets the one who banned anybody criticizing them on their forum
nope it was their moderators. and i recall one of the people doing it got fired

this game has potential but i loving hate chuckleforget both personally and as a company

I love the idea of being a gas based space cowboy but it is really loving stupid that i'm essentially the LAST gas based space cowboy.