Author Topic: Grandparents' neighbor goes on a shooting rampage  (Read 2637 times)

So yesterday a man in Herkimer, NY shot and killed 4 people, and left 2 in critical condition. I later found out that this was my grandparents' neighbor who lives right next door to them. I have literally met and talked to this guy before. After he shot the people, he was somehow able to escape. He ended up going back to his house and burning it down.
Photo from my grandparents' back yard:

And if that isn't crazy enough, my grandfather had an appointment to get his haircut at the exact same time and the same barber shop that the man shot the people at. Luckily, he had to cancel it because he needed to pick my grandmother up from the hospital. The suspect was later found in an abandoned bar behind my grandfathers work where he was shot down. Anyways, I just wanted to share this crazy experience with you guys. It's opened up a new view on life for me and my family.

Article: http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-ny-shooting-20130314,0,379531.story

i guess you can say your grandfather...

Dodged a bullet

Your grandparent's have instagram? Anyways, that's crazy and I'm glad your family is okay. Were they close to this neighbor?

Dodged a bullet
Hurhurhur

Your grandparent's have instagram? Anyways, that's crazy and I'm glad your family is okay. Were they close to this neighbor?
My mom uploaded that photo. And no not really. They talked to him, but didnt like him too much because of his dogs barking all the time. Hopefully the dogs are okay. :o

why did 36 people like that burning house picture

glad I'm not the only one with boring grey skies every day

anyway, I'm happy that you and your family are okay

Dodged a bullet
Whoever provoked him into a shooting rampage really jumped the gun.

I have literally met and talked to this guy before.
Why is it that NO ONE can use the word literally correctly?
OT: That's loving horrifying - did he try to break into your grandparents' house or anything?

Why is it that NO ONE can use the word literally correctly?
He did use it correctly.

He did use it correctly.
The word literally is used in a situation in which the phrase might otherwise be an idiom or something similar.
For example:
When Susie accidentally opened her backpack and allowed Mittens to jump out and run away, the cat was literally out of the bag.
No one's going to think that ravencroft figuratively talked to someone, lol.

um you can use literally outside of those cases

um you can use literally outside of those cases
Name a situation in which the usage of literally is relevant and warranted. Outside of what I stated above.