Author Topic: Wii-U is dying.  (Read 8833 times)

The "story" mode was quite fun as a side scrolling beat-em-up IMO.
I still prefer the standard party fighting mode though.

Eh the story mode was extremely frustrating. I can't believe I was able to sit through and actually beat the game when I was younger

I didn't really like brawl. They tried to make the game more dark when it was originally a cartoony game
Didn't you say the same thing about Blockland when Badspot mentioned Blood and Gore?

Didn't you say the same thing about Blockland when Badspot mentioned Blood and Gore?

I honestly don't remember. but with blood and gore it seemed out of place that your character exploded into a bloody mess in a lego game as a default mod

If only Nintendo didn't only focus on the franchises that only appeal to casual gamers. This is the main reason why I'm losing faith in them.
Excuse me?

I didn't really like brawl. They tried to make the game more dark when it was originally a cartoony game
What the hell are you going on about?

What the hell are you going on about?

Compare brawl to the original game. The sound effects, lighting, and character models were fine in the first game (Though if they made a smash bro's sequil that is similer in the style that would be great). They made big changes that they didn't really need to do

They made big changes to accommodate a mildly more powerful system. The only "darker" thing I can think of was Link, and that's really just because they pulled him right out of Twilight Princess.

They made big changes to accommodate a mildly more powerful system. The only "darker" thing I can think of was Link, and that's really just because they pulled him right out of Twilight Princess.

No compare the models as well. Mario in brawl to mario in super mario galaxy,link to the link in skyward sword, bowser to bowser in super mario galaxy.

I love the 3DS though, its a really, really great system with alot of backup to it, not to mention luigi's mansion dark moon coming out.
alot of decent looking games will be coming out this year, apperently its the year of luigi.

No compare the models as well. Mario in brawl to mario in super mario galaxy,link to the link in skyward sword, bowser to bowser in super mario galaxy.
Bowser and Mario look roughly the same as they did Galaxy, Skyward Sword came out three years later.

I would be fine if Nintendo stopped making consoles and just became a 3rd party publisher. Nintendo either needs to keep up with the times and make better consoles or just release games. For the past few generations, Nintendo has been lagging behind the competition in terms of specs and things gamers are getting better on other consoles. For example, you can only get a 8 GB or 32 GB built-in hard drive for the Wii U. The PS3 already had bigger sized hard drives than the Wii U ever since they first launched the PS3.

And the new LoZ dropping in 2014

Never as good as ocarina.

Bowser and Mario look roughly the same as they did Galaxy, Skyward Sword came out three years later.

They don't look the same at all. And I mean't in general comparing link in brawl to him in the wii games.

I would be fine if Nintendo stopped making consoles and just became a 3rd party publisher. Nintendo either needs to keep up with the times and make better consoles or just release games. For the past few generations, Nintendo has been lagging behind the competition in terms of specs and things gamers are getting better on other consoles. For example, you can only get a 8 GB or 32 GB built-in hard drive for the Wii U. The PS3 already had bigger sized hard drives than the Wii U ever since they first launched the PS3.

I agree.

For example, you can only get a 8 GB or 32 GB built-in hard drive for the Wii U. The PS3 already had bigger sized hard drives than the Wii U ever since they first launched the PS3.
The reason for this is the minimization of DLC and other such bullstuff on the Wii, and also the fact that it works perfectly with HDDs and flash drives as extra storage.

Beachbum is right. In the main Mario games all of the models' textures look really colorful. In Super Smash Bros Brawl, pretty much all of the models' textures look more realistic and thus, loses some of their colorfulness and looks more serious. But the texture change never bothered me that much, the game is still fun to play.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:25:17 PM by WALDO »

Never as good as ocarina.
Probably the only LoZ game this guy has ever looked at.