Music on RTB

Author Topic: Music on RTB  (Read 531 times)

I really think it's time a music section on RTB was considered. From what Ehphi said before when I asked him about it he said that "It would be a pain to make a functional system that unpackaged, and saved individual songs into the songs folder." He went on to say "I don't think putting the effort into creating a system for music would be worth it." Well, I think it is.

Custom music on servers as of now is nearly non-existent unless that user uses the forums, and when music is present, it is nearly always host made forcing players to download them. Having an RTB system for music would make music packs unanimous. There would be a much larger chance that music on a server would not be unique cutting potential server load times.
In addition, the only current place to obtain music packs is on the forums Music section. Despite being easy to make, I feel it is important to have more distribution options to reach more people. Most good music packs get lost after they reach the third page if not sooner.
Music IS useful as it is used to obtain and enhance a certain ambiance/feel on servers when used correctly.

The main problem I see with this is having the music files unpack themselves from the .zip they would come in. I suppose music files could come in singular files, but then the section would be littered with singular songs from the same pack. All in all, I don't know what Im talking about. I just wanted the idea to be put out there. Again.

Please discuss.

he removed it because anyone would rip off some stuffty music file they found and then post it on RTB to become the top RTB contributor.

Basically, it was like a swarm of locust. Except replace the locust with music files.

It would be nice if there were ambiance music files but it was like 1 out of every 40 was an ambiance file.

Well then, it'd need some admins to test quality. Reject songs that exceed a time limit, don't loop well, or are full rips of songs.
That'd get rid of that issue.

Hell, I'd be willing to moderate that section. Song testing doesn't take that long.

Basically, it was like a swarm of locust. Except replace the locust with music files.

It's like that now on the forums.

Guess nobody but me cares.
How sad.