Dungeon Defenders II announced!

Author Topic: Dungeon Defenders II announced!  (Read 1587 times)

Dungeon Defenders II is here.

Get ready for more heroes, more towers and more loot. The cooperative mode you know and love is in pre-alpha and shaping up to be something really special. We’ll be providing the community with updates and welcoming feedback on a routine basis. Come back here Friday, March 22 for your exclusive first look at gameplay.

But wait, there’s more? Well, first Dungeon Defenders II has a new competitive mode and… it’s in closed beta as of today. Yes, it’s a MOBA. Yes, you can play it at PAX East.

Oh, and did we mention Dungeon Defenders II will be FREE! And yes, by that we mean free-to-play. No, it will not be pay to win. The exact details are in flux, but we’ll have several opportunities for you to provide feedback both in and outside the beta. Our goal is to provide the same amount of content at around the same price as the original game.

http://dungeondefenders2.com/blog/

Have the first one in my steam, never played it.
I suck.

YE--
Oh, and did we mention Dungeon Defenders II will be FREE!

YE--
Agreed. That was almost my exact reaction (mentally of course).

Not to be a downer here, but why is everything free to play these days?

What's wrong with it being free?

Because the first game wasn't free. If this sequel costed at least as much as the first game, then the first game won't become obsolete and dead.

well the risk that it can go the same course that super mnc did

granted tho that trendy do knows what they are doing with f2p models, unlike uber

i think that they are going to pull this off nicely, cant wait to see how this turns out

Dungeon Defenders was a giant pile of crappy DLC.

Dungeon Defenders was a giant pile of crappy DLC.
I can agree with this, but why couldn't DD become cheaper and this cost more money?

Because the first game wasn't free. If this sequel costed at least as much as the first game, then the first game won't become obsolete and dead.
i mean people still go to tf1 here and there but yknow

Plenty of people still do Left 4 Dead, I'm not joking. I go on it every now and then.

I'm pretty sure the Team Fortress servers were shut down...

I'm pretty sure the Team Fortress servers were shut down...
i was refering to tfc but i forgot what it was called at the time

got DD and all of the DLC packs from a humble bundle .. never really played it ..

not really looking forward to this. why a MOBA? why free to play? we have enough of those seriously ..