Author Topic: A sad day for the RTB forums...  (Read 8426 times)

Guys guys guys!

Ignore the ads if you don't like them. I mean Jesus Christ, how hard is it to ignore a small colorful block of crap? Of course, if ads weigh so heavily on your conscious as to cause you immediate diarrhea and burn your very soul than perhaps you should seek medical attention.

Guys guys guys!

Ignore the ads if you don't like them. I mean Jesus Christ, how hard is it to ignore a small colorful block of crap? Of course, if ads weigh so heavily on your conscious as to cause you immediate diarrhea and burn your very soul than perhaps you should seek medical attention.

QFT

Guys guys guys!

Maybe you can't see the ad's as I used to (have ad block?) but just FYI. The ad's do (or at least did) use to cover the whole first area of the forums so you couldn't see any forums basically, until you scrolled down.

@Ace

Let me use an brown townogy. Saying that spamming my topic with giant letters is right because he has a valid point is like saying that a cop that used deadly force in a harmless situation should not face consequences.

tl;dr   :  While the end is important, the means cannot be disregarded.

I guess  I could try using 1000pt font and creating an image, but I'd rather not get banned for page stretching.

What if I made the text glow and flash different colors using an animated gif?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 05:51:57 AM by Wedge »

Wedge isnt spamming "your" topic. He's simply trying to explain to you why we use ads on the forums.

However I believe this is a wasted effort on his part because you are clearly immune to common sense and reason.

Oh my goodness gracious...

i dont see why adds bother people on websites, where they usually never are in the way unless they are some expanding annoying java scripted up thingers.
since basic browsing on most sites is pretty much free, they should be allowed to shove adds up your ass.

now it SHOULD bother you when you see adds in your game's content that you paid for.
or all over your xbox live that you paid for.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 11:23:40 AM by Bisjac »

Wedge isnt spamming "your" topic. He's simply trying to explain to you why we use ads on the forums.

However I believe this is a wasted effort on his part because you are clearly immune to common sense and reason.

That's painful...

Anyway, this is an opinion thread. I never said that web hosting was free. I just wanted to complain about the huge page stretching adverts that appear on the RTB forums.

I was quite aware of the costs of web hosting before wedge blazoned the thread with his insight.

It was others that stated that "web hosting is not expensive".

tl;dr : I agree that webhosting is expensive. I agree that is fair and legal for Mocheeze to place ads on his site. The point of this thread (at the simplest level) was a complaint of mine that the IMVU ads on the RTB forums were a sad thing.

Not really. I think you're just a douchebag.

I sense bans all around.

Obviously no one has any thing constructive to say here so I am locking the thread.

I guess its wrong to complain in the Drama section that was made for that very purpose.