Author Topic: Notable bits of Facebook handicapation  (Read 6066 times)





loving christ, it's 99 damn it. 2/2=1, 2-1=1, 100-1=99. or even 100-2=98 and 1+98=99.
not even going to say "do the math" because (evidently) not even that is safe.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 03:37:03 AM by Cybertails1998 »

According to idiocracy stupid people breed more than smart people. We average people and intelligent people should start cloning ourselves.

Somebody please explain where they're getting 148 from..

According to idiocracy stupid people breed more than smart people. We average people and intelligent people should start cloning ourselves.
but then we'll end up like the asgards.

I got 50 because I kept reading the question incorrectly
I'm so loving stupid

but then we'll end up like the asgards.
Clone intelligent good looking women we shall. Then the children of the first 2 generations of clones will be taught to become engineers, scientists, historians, artis, computer technicians, electrians, plumbers, ect
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 02:52:09 AM by Harm94 »

honestly it could go either way
the 99 way is obvious
but the other guy has a point
when he was two, his bro was half his age
he is 100
that could be taken to mean that his brother is half his current age, or was half his age at the time
the only reason there's even variation, though, is bc the asker's bad at clarification (probably on purpose)

The question is worded perfectly fine. The word tenses set it up clearly. "WHEN I WAS 2 years old, my brother WAS half my age" which means his brother is one. "NOW I am 100" which means you add 98 years to his brother because that's how much time has elapsed. No where does it say my brother is always half my age. Which, temporally, doesn't make any sense anyway, and is impossible. You only think its halving the age 100 because you are stuck in the mindset of half.

The question is worded perfectly fine. The word tenses set it up clearly. "WHEN I WAS 2 years old, my brother WAS half my age" which means his brother is one. "NOW I am 100" which means you add 98 years to his brother because that's how much time has elapsed. No where does it say my brother is always half my age. Which, temporally, doesn't make any sense anyway, and is impossible.
Which mean it wasn't worded properly.

Because 99% people wouldn't get that wrong. It's the obvious answer.

The author of the image is the stupid one here.

You only think its halving the age 100 because you are stuck in the mindset of half.

Edit and the question is clever because mind games.

The question is worded perfectly fine. The word tenses set it up clearly. "WHEN I WAS 2 years old, my brother WAS half my age" which means his brother is one. "NOW I am 100" which means you add 98 years to his brother because that's how much time has elapsed. No where does it say my brother is always half my age. Which, temporally, doesn't make any sense anyway, and is impossible. You only think its halving the age 100 because you are stuck in the mindset of half.
fifty is a stupid answer. why would you even argue against it? it's obviously wrong
148 is acceptable bc of how he worded it

No one answered 50. People either answered 99 or 148.

fifty is a stupid answer. why would you even argue against it? it's obviously wrong
148 is acceptable bc of how he worded it
That's the very problem. The riddle is supposed to be "148 is correct, 99 is incorrect, and most people will guess 99" but because the stupid ass image author worded it wrong, 99 is actually correct.

Arizona K-12 schools have to take this standardized test called the AIMS (Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards). I always tend to get 95-100 scores in all three categories, and I've always wondered how anyone can get a lower score given how easy the test is. However, after reading this I think I understand.

According to idiocracy stupid people breed more than smart people. We average people and intelligent people should start cloning ourselves.
My wife was 'tarded.
She's a pilot now.

elapsed
loving HELL
why could i not think of this word as i tried explaining this to myself

and as hard as i try, i physically cannot comprehend the answer 148 being right, even if it was worded wrong. i don't know why, apparently the explanations aren't doing enough for me.