8 (6.7%)
Linux
15 (12.6%)
Chrome
4 (3.4%)
Other
3 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Author Topic: PC or Mac?  (Read 1817 times)

A long time ago, I noticed a topic.
A topic created by a man who was stupid.
A stupid man who liked Macs.

Here's what he had to say with come-backs from me (I have hidden the creators name so he doesn't have any shame):
Quote from: ANONYMOUS
Here's why macs are better:

1.  They never get viruses.  Not true.  A virus can easily be obtained if you don't have anti-virus software.

2.  They have better graphics.  That depends on your graphics card, not the operating system.

3.  Safari is lightning fast.  Firstly, NO!  Secondly, Safari can be gotten on Windows here.

4.  They almost never crash.  I have Windows 7 and have yet to crash.  Plus, the only people that crash 24/7 are the morons with too much crap on their hard drive.

5.  They have better apps.  What?

6.  They have high quality sound.  That depends on your audio card and speakers, not the operating system.

7.  They have better compatibility with iPods, iPhones, iPads, Apple TVs, etc.  That's because they're all made by Apple.

8.  They have a faster processing speed.  Are you sure that you're talking about Macs here?

9.  Dashboard.  Are we talking about computers or cars?

10.  They use less electricity, therefore they are green computers.  Not necessarily.  That has everything to do with the computer and nothing to do with the operating system.
Please discuss this HIDDEN man's stupidity.

I will not reveal the author's real name.  I don't want to shame him for life.

Windows is obviously better than everything else because of this guy.

God damn, what a stud.

OS's really don't do stuff for the computer itself rather than the person using it.

It's a matter of comfortability and preference.

Windows is a horrible system. Linux is great. Mac is just linux with a strap on

they're all suited to different people. stop trying to compare them.

if you are a gamer you have no choice

dual boot

oif you have to dual, then you really arent getting what you need all on macos are you lol

OS's really don't do stuff for the computer itself rather than the person using it.

It's a matter of comfortability and preference.

All by myself....
I don' wanna be
All by myself....

^Macs in a nutshell

The only reason to get Windows is for availability of programs.

and because macs are gay as fuk

The truth.

Yeah!  Macs suck!  Please respect me, forums!

I honestly hate Windows, it's a shame that everyone has to use it.  There are way too many proprietary APIs that people rely on for just about every program, so everyone gets locked to the currently sinking ship of Windows.  There are a ton of antiquated parts of the OS that really just bog it down, and you can tell that MS is trying to get away from it by switching to "Modern UI apps" which is a complete bullstuff system because A. you can't freely download them and B. you can only have 2 up at once (3 when Windows Blue is out), so why still call it Windows at that point?  It's a real shame that game devs developed games for Windows only for so long, hopefully some devs port their games over to both Mac OS and Linux like Valve and Running with Scissors did.

I've heard that the Mac OS side isn't very good in that respect either.  I guess Apple's trying to close it down as well, and it requires some weird settings changes to run unsigned code.  I don't really know though, as I don't own a Mac.  At least it's a UNIX based OS, so it's at least similar to every other OS.