Author Topic: This week is just the beginning of a civil rights movement for marriage equality  (Read 6941 times)

We tried banning alcohol. Remember how that went?
It was a stupid idea then and it's a stupid idea now. It's not going to work. Manufacturing and selling alcohol brings in lots of money.

I know, just like banning drugs, it doesn't work out (they are illegal currently in most US states and have been for many years). I'll be a bit more logical here, and I will try to be more of a realistic thinker. The truth of the matter is, banning drugs, tobacco, or any other substances just don't work out and cost the Govt. too much.

I had no clue there were Christians that accepted homoloveuality, I applaud you.
Yes, I'll let gay people do whatever. But I don't want them to try to be so nosy around us, or like I said, celebrate at our place of worship.
lol
wait
are you joking, or
I'm not sure what part you mean, but I don't want them to marry in our churches because it's against our belief. What happened to separation of church?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:09:39 PM by BlockoCrafter »

there would probably be a age restriction, so technically older people could sell it to younger people.lol
wait
are you joking, or

yep
it's like with tobacco, you have to be 16 or 18+ to purchase it, and that is where the dealers come into play

because banning alcohol TOTALLY DID NOT help only mobsters and boost alcohol sales, waste money, and waste time in the 20's right

I know what went on, and it was a disgrace and abhorrent.

It doesn't go against your belief if you think about it clearly. Does Jesus really want you to hate on others, bash them, discriminate on them, and prohibit them from living a happy life and judging others? Please take the time to think about it.
Actually it does go against his beliefs, homoloveuality is a sin. Not in my book, but in Christianity's book, and very few Christians discriminate against them.
That's a pretty big generalization.

I know.
yep
it's like with tobacco, you have to be 16 or 18+ to purchase it, and that is where the dealers come into play
There are very few tobacco dealers in the United States of America, I'm not sure if that is not true elsewhere, but it's true here.

I know, just like banning drugs, it doesn't work out (they are illegal currently in most US states and have been for many years). I'll be a bit more logical here, and I will try to be more of a realistic thinker. The truth of the matter is, banning drugs, tobacco, or any other substances just don't work out and cost the Govt. too much.
which is a pretty good reason that they should legalize marijuana. Plus more freedom and whatnot.

"Leading cause of murders" uh, no. That would be hate crimes and insanity.
"Failed to work in the 20s" That's because alcohol wasn't illegalized, the purchasing of alcohol was

Sorry, let me correct myself on the murder part- it's the leading cause of violence and violent disputes. Many times in abusive households, one of the residents of that household is a alcoholic in many cases.

I had no clue there were Christians that accepted homoloveuality, I applaud you.
There are a lot of christians who accept homoloveuality.

I'm really still not sure if Blocko was joking
he was, right?
right

"i don't think drugs should be legalized"
"yeah truth is it just doesn't work"

I know what went on, and it was a disgrace and abhorrent.

so why do you think drugs should be illegal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Robinson

he was, right?
right
I'm not sure what part you mean, but I don't want them to marry in our churches because it's against our belief. What happened to separation of church?
It doesn't go against your belief if you think about it clearly. Does Jesus really want you to hate on others, bash them, discriminate on them, and prohibit them from living a happy life and judging others? Please take the time to think about it.
If you read the Bible more, like link said, homoloveuality and bestiality is sin. We have reason to not support it, but that doesn't mean we should hate people for going that way, just like how He* wouldn't hate them.
* God
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:13:46 PM by BlockoCrafter »

Yes, I'll let gay people do whatever. But I don't want them to try to be so nosy around us, or like I said, celebrate at our place of worship.

How would they be so "nosy" around you? I'm part Jewish and part Lutheran (my mom is Lutheran, my dad is Jewish), and in Jewish synagogues, everyone is welcomed whether you are gay, black, Asian, you name it. I don't believe in fairy tales though, I consider myself a Jewish Atheist even though in Jewish law your mother has to be Jewish to be considered a Jew if both of your parents aren't Jewish. So technically, I'm not considered a Jew which is quite frankly handicapped, nevertheless, I associate more with Judaism.

What happened to separation of church?

I'm sorry, but where is the phrase 'separation of church and state'? I'd like to read it myself =)

no one is trying to make churches hold gay marriages

they want to be able to legally marry

he was, right?
right

No I don't think so. Also many Christians accept it, but the Baptists and Episcopalians tend to go against it.