Author Topic: What eight rules should every server have?  (Read 1777 times)

listen to goddamn admins. admin doesn't respond to your question? stop spamming the server with your question.

rule #4 is bs
No, it's not.

I'd rather not have good conversations interrupted for hours on end just because someone said something like "god isn't real"/"jesus loves everyone!" or "roblox sucks!!"/"roblox is better than this garbage" or even "brony cigarette"/"i love mlp anyone else?".

Seriously. I've had many good conversations cut short because people bring this kind of stuff up and then people will argue for an entire hour about it. People who know I'm an admin of a specific server sometimes call me to those servers to stop people from continuing this.

no

racism and loveism and putting down others is common on my server
it's all in joking ways though
That's the problem with rules. Some people seem to think you have to follow them word for word. Jokes are fine as long as they're all in good fun.

listen to goddamn admins. admin doesn't respond to your question? stop spamming the server with your question.
Brings me to another rule.

Don't continuously call an admin's name. Just ask the question and someone will answer it.

no

racism and loveism and putting down others is common on my server
it's all in joking ways though

jokes are one thing, that's totally acceptable.
But if you come on my server and start preaching about how jesus christ died for sin and gays are sinners and they'll burn in hell, you won't stay long.

If you shout "SUCK MY richard cigarette" odds are nobody will care. Until you spam it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:13:22 PM by AdinX »

rule #4 is still kinda bs
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:14:28 PM by Electrk »

Event spam (Relays , VCE , ETC )

Report any issues with other players to admins.  Don't take it upon yourself to handle the problem.

Be courteous.

#1: Use common sense.
This is the only rule that should be needed.

Rule #4 should be modified because if it is intended to be a joke then you shouldn't get in trouble for it.

Rule #4 should be modified because if it is intended to be a joke then you shouldn't get in trouble for it.

Certain jokes can go too far. Especially if someone says "stop please" because they have certain family members or they themselves who are hurt by even that joke.

If someone made tribal cat jokes I'm sure you would be offended hypothetically.

Personally, I'm against #4 altogether. If you aren't allowed to say anything controversial, why bother having a discussion in the first place?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:41:33 PM by DontCare4Free »

Personally, I'm against #4 altogether. If you aren't allowed to say anything controversial, why bother having a discussion in the first place?

There's a fine line between "What do you guys think about being an atheist" and "forget CHRISTIANITY ITS ALL A BIG LIE THEY CANT EVEN EAT MEAT WHAT A BUNCHA SHEEP"

I have only had to ever ban one person for going overboard, because when asked to stop they didn't.

There's a fine line between "What do you guys think about being an atheist" and "forget CHRISTIANITY ITS ALL A BIG LIE THEY CANT EVEN EAT MEAT WHAT A BUNCHA SHEEP"

I have only had to ever ban one person for going overboard, because when asked to stop they didn't.
Sure, I'll agree with you on that, but under the current rule even the first statement could be considered against it.

I always put "have fun" as a rule. People will come into servers and take it so seriously, I don't know how they enjoy themselves.

People against four are silly. Admins aren't robots. If something breaks four in letter but not spirit, they won't ban for it.