Author Topic: a thought provoking question  (Read 611 times)

as i'm currently learning chinese, i came to learn that chinese numbers also work in tens, hundreds, thousands, etc. yet the number system is different in a few ways, despite that many other concepts like time and week are adapted from the western way. so did chinese numbers evolve in the same way that other number systems have? or did china and these other countries meet early enough in history to influence eachother's number systems? or is it because we have ten fingers?

As someone with lack of actual citation or much knowledge on the subject, from what I do know, most number systems I've heard of are based on the number of digits we've.

well china is beating us in math
That is all

Well it's accepted scientific fact that beings from another world came down and taught man in its Neanderthal state the basics of language and counting. They soon evolved into a massive society much like we are now. Eventually though the millennia the human form split off and evolved into the Homo sapiens (us). A large war broke out between the two races only to leave one side bloodied but alive. We adopted a lot from our old form including the way we count. Hope that helps!

next cod gaem shud be homo sapiens sapiens vs neanderthals!!!
alien airstrike!!!

Well it's accepted scientific fact that beings from another world came down and taught man in its Neanderthal state the basics of language and counting. They soon evolved into a massive society much like we are now. Eventually though the millennia the human form split off and evolved into the Homo sapiens (us). A large war broke out between the two races only to leave one side bloodied but alive. We adopted a lot from our old form including the way we count. Hope that helps!
wowe a++ informative

it's because they have slanted eyes and small snakees

it's because they have slanted eyes and small snakees
the next day gajin was raped by a wide-eyed chinaman hung like a horse