Author Topic: how do i do maths  (Read 1531 times)



Or 7*6.
I know that's also possible but I left it like that so it was more clear how I got it.

Oh, okay. I guess your way made a better explanation yeah.

preeetty sure it's 7*6. let me explain.

normally if you wanted to combine 7 things, each item can have 7 combinations, including itself. there are 7 items. 7*7 = 49. there are only 7 possible combinations in which an object could combine with itself, so -7. 42.

so if i was combining 3 items then be 7x6x5 - (7+6+5)?

so if i was combining 3 items then be 7x6x5 - (7+6+5)?
no, it'd be 3 * 3 - 3

where'd you get this number from?

no, it'd be 3 * 3 - 3

where'd you get this number from?

if i was combining 3 items instead of 2, i would do what i said

But the question said combining 2 of the 7 items together

no, it'd be 3 * 3 - 3
but no, because the answer would have to be three, right?
like, if you can't combine more than two objects at a time, and you can't combine an object with itself, then you can think of it as a triangle, which can only have three connections
am I right?

But the question said combining 2 of the 7 items together


and i need one for conbinations of 3, 4, 5, and 6 ._.

but no, because the answer would have to be three, right?
like, if you can't combine more than two objects at a time, and you can't combine an object with itself, then you can think of it as a triangle, which can only have three connections
am I right?

mehto

im pretty sure

ok so i have 7 things

Ignis
Sol
Lumen
Arbor
Divum
Lympha
Psychicae

theres 7 there

and when i add up all the possible 2 combinations of the 7, i end up with 21 things

everything has been added to everything and there are no two of the same combining

how would i do this with combining 3 instead of combining 2?

Use yer Permutations, Combinations, Factorials, and those Multiple Counting Principles.