Author Topic: Pixel Events  (Read 6372 times)

Pixel Events

Pixel events are events used to easily create and color images on a brick. These could be used for presentations, advertisements, or for use in evented computers and telivisions.
Features
    • Display dynamic images using few shapes
    • Save and load groups of pixels and images for later
    • Create text with only a few events
    • Color large ranges of pixels, quick and easily
    • Turn any brick into an assortment of pixels
    • Recolorable templates and text
    • Efficient pixel management
Events
Pixel_Create [Direction] [Position] [Color]
Creates a canvas of pixels facing [Direction] north, south, east, or west at either the [Position] front, middle, or back of the brick with the default [Color].
Pixel_Destroy
Destroys the canvas of pixels.
Pixel_Color [Mode] [Coord1] [Coord2] [Color]
[Mode] Range - Colors a range of pixels starting at [Coord1] and ending at [Coord2]
[Mode] Double - Colors [Coord1] and [Coord2] to [Color]
[Mode] Background - Colors the background to [Color]
[Mode] Rectangle - Creates a rectangle starting at [Coord1] with the scale [Coord2]
Pixel_Text [StartPos] [Text] [Color]
Displays [Text] starting at [StartPos]
Pixel_Save [Folder] [Name] [StartPos] [Scale]
Saves the pixels from [StartPos] with the scale of [Scale] to the folder under the name
Pixel_Load [Folder] [Name] [StartPos]
Loads the pixels from the corresponding [Folder] under the [Name] starting at [StartPos]
Pixel_Hide [Mode] [Coord1] [Coord2]
[Mode] Range - Hides a range of pixels starting at [Coord1] and ending at [Coord2]
[Mode] Double - Hides [Coord1] and [Coord2]
[Mode] Background - Hides the background
[Mode] Rectangle - Hides a rectangle starting at [Coord1] with the scale [Coord2]
Pixel_UnHide [Mode] [Coord1] [Coord2]
[Mode] Range - Unhides a range of pixels starting at [Coord1] and ending at [Coord2]
[Mode] Double - Unhides [Coord1] and [Coord2]
[Mode] Background - Unhides the background
[Mode] Rectangle - Unhides a rectangle starting at [Coord1] with the scale [Coord2]
Upcoming
Aside from the above, the following may be added later on.
    • Outlines
    • Circles
    • Dots
    • Template Saving
    • Pixel Uploading
    • Pixel Downloading
    • Other Text Sizes
Credits
    • Jasa - Everything
Media
Blockland 2013-03-19 15-04-14-10
A video showing a small monitor being randomly colored.

Approximate Release Date - July 2013
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:34:06 AM by Plexious »

:(
Yeah, sorry about that. I actually started this back in February and didn't get around to telling anybody.

Sounds kinda lovey, so could you make sort of like a projector? (Nothing is actually being projected obviously but it's sort of like images on a brick?)

I hope you're going to make this as efficient as possible, if you don't then theirs always that possibility you could crash a server pretty easily with it.

Sounds kinda lovey, so could you make sort of like a projector? (Nothing is actually being projected obviously but it's sort of like images on a brick?)
Yeah, if you use a big enough brick.
I hope you're going to make this as efficient as possible, if you don't then theirs always that possibility you could crash a server pretty easily with it.
It will have an RTB pref to make it admin only as well as a command to clear pixels.

It will have an RTB pref to make it admin only as well as a command to clear pixels.

And an option for the max amount of pixels a user can create?

And an option for the max amount of pixels a user can create?
That too.

How are fonts represented using Pixel_Text? Will server hosts be able to create additional bitmap fonts?

This is yes.

(sorry electrk, luv you <3)

I will probably lock my topic when these come out
your video is what inspired me to make my screen bricks actually

I will probably lock my topic when these come out
your video is what inspired me to make my screen bricks actually
Thanks.
How are fonts represented using Pixel_Text? Will server hosts be able to create additional bitmap fonts?
Characters in fonts will be represented by an arrange of 1's and 0's and will be put in a subfolder under config/server/PixelEvents/fonts/.
Code: (M.txt) [Select]
1 0 0 0 1
1 1 0 1 1
1 0 1 0 1
1 0 0 0 1
1 0 0 0 1
1 0 0 0 1
1 0 0 0 1

*Pets and feeds Electrk cookies and warm milk.*

It is okay..