Author Topic: I forgeted up hard on my first time driving.  (Read 3883 times)

lol, scrubs. First day driving, my instructor took me onto Route 18. I was going 70 with 18-wheelers and we were talking about how stuffty Papa John's is

yeah be
cause his favorite song is on 24/7
Modern car radios can play CD's.

Modern car radios can play CD's.

Don't forget about AC to iPod converter cables :L

Don't worry. 95% of all drivers forgeted up when they drove for the first time. Kinda like love.

I stalled the engine in the middle of a busy roundabout. I've never heard that much honking before :D

Don't forget about AC to iPod converter cables :L
You can convert your air con to an ipod?

AC/DC conversion :I
Alternating current to direct current

Oh god lol. Thanks for the new sig.

AC/DC conversion :I
Alternating current to direct current

So... you got AC in your car? WTF

Youve obviously never had to teach somebody something thats natural to you but hard for them to understand. Its the most frustrating thing in the world. Not everyone is made to be a teacher.
Yes this very much, + if there's some kind of accident like that of course there's going to be an adrenaline rush etc., which can really chance how you react.

Artifical, this sucks for both of you. If I'm reading this correctly your dad probably knows what he said hit you pretty hard and nobody likes apologizing after the fact. Sorry.

This next turn is super sharp, so I attempt to turn, overturn it, and drive up on a curb, my dads yelling at me, tells me to get in the passenger seat, and I just feel like stuff. He drives me home asking me why I drove up on the curb, I tell him I had no experience, he starts telling me about how he was able to drive so easily his first time.
I did the same thing when I was learning to drive except I also ran over a stop sign that was posted at the corner. Nobody yelled at me though (other than yelling slow down before I turned and also just in general when they thought I was going to hit a fence), and I drove the rest of the way home (after meeting with the police and explaining why I ran over a stop sign).

I was terrified of driving after that but I just kept driving anyway. It's years behind me now, I haven't been in an accident or even ticketed since. So take it seriously, because you could have hit a pedestrian standing on the corner, but also realize that you're not alone, people make mistakes, and you'll be able to drive fine once you get more practice.

I wouldn't call your dad out on it or argue with him or anything, but that's a pretty mean thing for him to say to you. Just understand that he's probably pissed and was scared at the time and take it as a challenge to do better.

So... you got AC in your car? WTF
He's not explaining it very well. There's something called an inverter that takes the 12 V DC output from your car battery and converts it into your standard 120 V 60 Hz output you get out of a power outlet in your house. You can run a cell charger, laptop, TV, fan, whatever off of it, but it's really inefficient and doesn't put out a lot of current (especially if you use a cigarette lighter based one instead of a direct connection to the battery), so you can't plug things like a washing machine, fridge, or wall mounted air conditioner into it. Also they get hot. If you're powering a laptop or charging a phone it's better to use a DC-DC converter, which is exactly what a car charger is.

How did you manage to overturn it? Its so hard to over turn, the only problem I have is keeping from getting close to the edge.

I have a go-kart and that could help you with driving, I think it helped me quite a bit. I turned 16 today and I still have not gotten my permit.
don't freak out over a mistake because it's not the end of the world, unless you roll out into a highway

I drove around the neighborhood and my turning/braking is too sharp or too dull and I also keep forgetting to use one foot for the pedals.

my dad was the same way when I first started driving

it was the first and last time he tried teaching me how to drive

Your dad shouldn't be flipping out like that on you.

bro i feel you.

when i drove the first few times i was nervous as stuff because i only got 1-2 hours of experience.

i failed but he admitted i did better after the course of 10 days.